Im planning on going to att to get my iphone 3gs 16gb for $199 plus tax whatever im not worried about that are they going to charge me anything else for it like will they charge me to get it actaivated
    09-29-2009 09:41 PM
    There is an activation fee $36, but depending on your credit history there is also going to be a deposit, and you will also have to pay the first months rental voice minutes plus data (which is required).

Why don't you go to the AT&T website and go through the process to see what your costs would be like.

Cell Phones & Devices - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Last edited by DRTigerlilly; 09-29-2009 at 09:55 PM.
    09-29-2009 09:46 PM
    Well i would just be upgrading its not like i havent had them before my 2 year contract just ended and im going to resign
    09-29-2009 09:50 PM
    can't speak to upgrading, but i think you can check that out on the site as well.
    09-29-2009 09:55 PM
    Upgrade fee is $18 for activation I think.
    09-30-2009 01:02 AM
    Yes sting7k is correct there is a $18 fee for all upgrades , but what you can do is talk to you sale Rep and the might waive the fee . If you buy from Best Buy the can waive the fee easier .
    09-30-2009 07:29 AM
    There is an activation fee $36, but depending on your credit history there is also going to be a deposit, and you will also have to pay the first months rental voice minutes plus data (which is required).

Why don't you go to the AT&T website and go through the process to see what your costs would be like.

Cell Phones & Devices - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    1. The AT&T site seems well designed to tell me what they want me to know. Less well designed to tell me what I need to know.

2. An "activation fee" on the only possible carrier is part of the price of the phone and should be so styled. This is a special problem with the iPhone and AT&T. However, complex pricing is a problem throughout the industty. It seems to be worse on AT&T and Verizon because of their Ma Bell heritage. Sprint, T-Mo, and the boutiques at least seem to understand that it is a problem.
    09-30-2009 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD