Appreciate the iPhone, people

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone is perfect. If you want an extra button for some extra dumb unnecessary reason, get another phone. You don't buy the iPhone to complain about what it doesn't have. Appreciate what it has and how much better it is now than any phone out there. You like the bb menu button? Buy a blackberry. Want a slide down keyboard? Buy the g1.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone is perfect. If you want an extra button for some extra dumb unnecessary reason, get another phone. You don't buy the iPhone to complain about what it doesn't have. Appreciate what it has and how much better it is now than any phone out there. You like the bb menu button? Buy a blackberry. Want a slide down keyboard? Buy the g1.

Im glad the tech industry is not run by people like you, or there would be no innovation.

The iPhone is good. Great? Not so much. I love it, but I am capable enough to realize that it has shortcomings.

Kids deserve unconditional love. Technology doesn't. Learn the difference.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
could not have said it better myself.

When i read the post first i thought....somebody's been drinking the koolaid. It's a great device, but no device is perfect, and there are ways it could be improved.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
As someone who spent the better part of the year comparing a Pre and iphone 3GS, i'd say the OP is right on. I also have owned several Palm OS phones and one HTC WM phone.

The iphone is simply in a class by itself.

Quality of hardware, resale value, quality apps, number of apps, able to SHARE apps, polished features, media available at the tap of a button to rent/own, accessories everywhere, great desktop mgmt, etc etc.

The Pre is like buying a Kia which on cheaper Sprint may seem like a good deal...but in time, multiple exchanges due to crappy quality and a pain since Palm lacks a decent backup/restore system, half baked apps that can't be shared, no media to rent or download other than music/podcasts, no desktop app, crappy resale value, core apps that are still in a rough beta state, broken itunes sync that Palm pushed on people, etc .

The iphone is like buying a Lexus in comparison. You'll pay a premium on AT&T, but its a worthwhile one.

I can't tell you how much time i've spent putting stuff back on wife's or sister's Pre, dealing with Sprint with exchanges, dealing with refurbs, while i've never had problems in this manner with iphones.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Why is that when someone says the iPhone is great, they are accused of drinking the kool aid???

I'll never understand. I'll go out on a limb and say the iPhone is THE best cell phone I've ever used, plus it's the best PDA I've ever used. And I've been using cell phones since before the Moto Star Tac came to fruition.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Im glad the tech industry is not run by people like you, or there would be no innovation.

The iPhone is good. Great? Not so much. I love it, but I am capable enough to realize that it has shortcomings.

I must admit to finding it difficult why some people think it's clever to winge about and criticise the iPhone. I suppose they think it clever to find fault with everything!

Needless to say, the iPhone isn't perfect. However, as has already been said, at the present time, there's nothing much to match it!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I agree it's awesome. But everyone expected it to be the jesus phone and so it's like a code red when it doesn't do what their old razr could do. It does everything I need it to do and just about everything it doesn't I never used on my previous phones.

I'm also with ctt1wbw, I've owned a bunch of PDAs back in their days before smart phones. Dells, HP, Palm, etc. But I always grew bored and tired of them within a short period. The issue was always data entry, too damn long to do anything with the stylus just to enter a dentist appointment. I one time had a Palm that had a keyboard, resembled the smart phones of today. But after awhile I found I didn't even like that and was bored. The iPhone crushes all of them in ease of use and especially data entry. Typing on that soft keyboard is now a joy, I fumble with hard thumb boards.

Last edited:

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The OOB iPhone isn't perfect, a JB phone is much closer. Even though it's not perfect, I think the iPhone 3GS has far fewer flaws than any other phone I've used, and is the one I'd choose hands down over any other. I haven't second-guessed my decision for one second since picking it up in July.

mikhail#IM

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I must admit to finding it difficult why some people think it's clever to winge about and criticise the iPhone. I suppose they think it clever to find fault with everything!

Needless to say, the iPhone isn't perfect. However, as has already been said, at the present time, there's nothing much to match it!

I agree. Though there are shortcomings nothing can be match up with iPhone these days. I just lovin' it everyday..

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree, the iPhone is the best phone I have ever used. I love it. Not only is it alot of fun, but it's great for my work e-mails, especially now that there is Gmail push.

No matter what though, there will ALWAYS be people who complain about any cell phone. To me though, the iPhone is perfect. I have no complaints and would not switch to any other cell phone.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Another asshole. If it's just "good" why the hell did u buy it? There's a lot of "good" phones out there. Did I say it doesn't need to be improved? NO. Of course there's room for improvement. I'm talking about idiots like YOU who ***** and moan about little things the phone lacks and want to change it completely. Get another phone if you don't like the way it looks.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Another asshole. If it's just "good" why the hell did u buy it? There's a lot of "good" phones out there. Did I say it doesn't need to be improved? NO. Of course there's room for improvement. I'm talking about idiots like YOU who ***** and moan about little things the phone lacks and want to change it completely. Get another phone if you don't like the way it looks.

Uh, no. You said people shouldn't criticize it at all. You make it seem like its infallible, like the friggin pope :rolleyes:

The stock iphone is "good". Seeing as how you view the iphone, I am guessing you are using a stock one and would think that jailbreaking it is blasphemy.

Well, the stock iphone is just "good." It has tons of limitations. I bought one because it is the best phone out there, once jailbroken.

I will say this, the actual iphone is the best phone out there (capability wise). I will agree to that. I think where alot of the criticism comes from, including myself, is the limitations Apple and ATT have put on it.

An example: I want a today screen. From what you have said then, I should buy a blackberry or a WinMO device or just appreciate my useless lockscreen. Why? It is entirely possible (I have a wonderful one on my JB phone). This is why criticism is needed, in order to prod apple to make the next firmware update or next iphone that much better. Your point of view will never lead to better products.

Please remember, its just a phone.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Why is that when someone says the iPhone is great, they are accused of drinking the kool aid???

I'll never understand. I'll go out on a limb and say the iPhone is THE best cell phone I've ever used, plus it's the best PDA I've ever used. And I've been using cell phones since before the Moto Star Tac came to fruition.

I think the kool-aid comment was more aimed at the "it's perfect" comment.

The iPhone is great, no doubt, but there's never not room for improvement.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I know that. The iPhone has been improved physically three times since its debut, and how many OS upgrades?

I'd be hard pressed for the thread starter to find a smart phone that is as easy to use, fun to use, and has the available online and store and corporate support, and application support, as the iPhone.

Cuz I know it is not coming from Microsoft or Samsung or Motorola or Nokia or Dell or anyone else.

How many apps has Microsoft or Nokia sold on their phones? Is it as easy to put movies and tv shows and music and pictures on as well? Is it as easy to set up the calender and Exchange support? I don't think so.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh noezz! I'm gonna be labled a fanboy by some 15 year old still living in the basement! Wait, it'll happen.

Let me start by saying that my first computer that I ever bought with MY money was an Apple //c. I learned computing on the Apple //. I've been around, and I am not a bandwagon type person.

I calls it likes I sees it.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh noezz! I'm gonna be labled a fanboy by some 15 year old still living in the basement! Wait, it'll happen.

Let me start by saying that my first computer that I ever bought with MY money was an Apple //c. I learned computing on the Apple //. I've been around, and I am not a bandwagon type person.

I calls it likes I sees it.

I believe this is the first time I have seen someone reply to them self.

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3GS running 3.1 since the 25th is the greatest phone out! The iPhone is finally complete, any wish list made now will just be add ons or a sought for innovation, we are currently where cellphones haven't gone before. Perfect? Close to it! In comparison to the standard that a typical cellphone/smartphone would have. Room for growth and innovation? Sure! There is always room for inovation and new technology. So now, all we expect are enhancements to what's currently great! It will be great to get some of the functionality seen in JB phones but to me those are just customizations that don't take away from the iPhones core functionality. Long and short of it is the iPhones the best phone out there, developers, 3rd party accessories makers, users, other phone companies and you all know it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73