Appreciate the iPhone, people

earl-ku

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
i bought the iphone as it is ... i have done some fair amount of reading, and more reading and i know what am i expecting before i bought it - so i its something that i like(as for now)

i am not complaining that its got not enough buttons ...

and btw i was on mostly wm phones for as long as i can rememeber - the last was a tp2 ...

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
agree here too. man i love my device, and everything about it. the day i want a stupid awkward fing keyboard; i`ll get one with a keyboard. there is dozens of phones out there. get the one you want and complain about the iPhone in that forum. lol

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. This guy is in an iPhone blog talking crap about it. That's just stupid. Nobody cares about the HTC so you come and try to bash the iPhone?

agree here too. man i love my device, and everything about it. the day i want a stupid awkward fing keyboard; i`ll get one with a keyboard. there is dozens of phones out there. get the one you want and complain about the iPhone in that forum. lol

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can tether even after 3.1. There is actually a thread about it around here somewhere. I will also disagree with your point about JB. Saying that JB does not count because it was not part of the original phone is equivalent to saying that ALL third party apps do not count in making the phone more functional because they were not originally on the phone. (and NO I am not JB) MMS, I have only had a couple of days so I do not know what it can do. Frankly I do not care. MMS is an outdated technology IMO anyway. Most people that I deal with IM or Email. But that is just me.:rolleyes:

Uh, there is a large difference. Third part apps in the appstore are easy to install and are in fact encouraged. Jailbroke apps are quite the opposite, you have to HACK the phone in order to get it to kind of work, until the next update is released. Then its broken again.

The iphone has the CAPABILITY of being near perfect, but no phone that needs to be HACKED INTO in order to provide basic functionality can be called perfect.

alliei5

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone is perfect. If you want an extra button for some extra dumb unnecessary reason, get another phone. You don't buy the iPhone to complain about what it doesn't have. Appreciate what it has and how much better it is now than any phone out there. You like the bb menu button? Buy a blackberry. Want a slide down keyboard? Buy the g1.

I second that!:D

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
A couple more challenges for your "perfect" phone:

1) Open up Pandora to listen to music. Now check the text message you just received and reply to it. What? You say Pandora quit streaming as soon as you opened messaging? Well that sucks.

2) Surf the web until you find a sound clip you'd like to download. Now download it to your iPhone.

3) Fire up iChat mobile

4) Listen to music through your bluetooth headset. Now skip to the next track using the controls on your headset.

There's more, of course. But I'm pretty sure that any one of these is enough to dispute your claim that the iPhone is "perfect".

I notice you left out the iPod function. You can listen to the iPod and do other things. Now how about that battery life?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Uh, there is a large difference. Third part apps in the appstore are easy to install and are in fact encouraged. Jailbroke apps are quite the opposite, you have to HACK the phone in order to get it to kind of work, until the next update is released. Then its broken again.

The iphone has the CAPABILITY of being near perfect, but no phone that needs to be HACKED INTO in order to provide basic functionality can be called perfect.

You don't have to HACK the iPhone. It's as simple as running a program. Hacking involves command line stuff that the user has to do. Jailbreaking is just running a program.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
iphone is a phone that must get my appreciation. It is a perfect phone that contains all the useful necessary features. I would like to thank apple from the bottom of my heart.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You don't have to HACK the iPhone. It's as simple as running a program. Hacking involves command line stuff that the user has to do. Jailbreaking is just running a program.

Thank you for that. The real hackers are the ones who put together the program for us.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I notice you left out the iPod function. You can listen to the iPod and do other things. Now how about that battery life?

I forgot how Apple knows best, and must protect me from myself. God forbid I decide I would prefer to listen to music at the cost of temporarily decreased battery life.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for that. The real hackers are the ones who put together the program for us.

Ok, so I exaggerated a bit. My point was that HACKING at some point (either by the user, or the dev-team) has to take place in order to enable basic functionality found on other phones. My argument still stands though.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Im glad the tech industry is not run by people like you, or there would be no innovation.

The iPhone is good. Great? Not so much. I love it, but I am capable enough to realize that it has shortcomings.

Kids deserve unconditional love. Technology doesn't. Learn the difference.

said so perfectly. Look. I love my iPhone, I don't think I could ever go back to something that doesn't some of the nice things it does. That also doesn't mean I am dumb enough to think that it is perfect in every way. It has shortcomings , thats obvious. Everything does. I just hope next years model improves it in alot of ways. I.E, side loading apps and more customizable features, and deleting side apps. As for the actual design. I love the look of it.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I exaggerated a bit. My point was that HACKING at some point (either by the user, or the dev-team) has to take place in order to enable basic functionality found on other phones. My argument still stands though.

Basic functionality? Does a Motorola phone do the stuff the iPhone does? I'll put an iPhone up against any other phone and the only thing it won't do very much of is background applications. But those other phones have pretty poor battery life.

And as for the iPod function, it's still music, right?

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Basic functionality? Does a Motorola phone do the stuff the iPhone does? I'll put an iPhone up against any other phone and the only thing it won't do very much of is background applications. But those other phones have pretty poor battery life.

And as for the iPod function, it's still music, right?

What does a motorola phone have to do with anything? Im not arguing that the iphone is worse than motorola, Im just showing that it is far from perfect. But I will bite.

Does a motorola phone have a status bar? Can you change its background? I could go on, but you don't seem to comprehend my argument.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
And changing the background INCREASES the functionality of a cell phone? I can change the background on my Mac, but that doesn't mean it's better than a cell, since, you know, it's not a cell phone.

Why the **** did you come here? To berate the iPhone? **** man, piss off.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone can not override what developers do to their apps. The iPhone is way more than capable of doing so. It's up to the developer

said so perfectly. Look. I love my iPhone, I don't think I could ever go back to something that doesn't some of the nice things it does. That also doesn't mean I am dumb enough to think that it is perfect in every way. It has shortcomings , thats obvious. Everything does. I just hope next years model improves it in alot of ways. I.E, side loading apps and more customizable features, and deleting side apps. As for the actual design. I love the look of it.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
And changing the background INCREASES the functionality of a cell phone? I can change the background on my Mac, but that doesn't mean it's better than a cell, since, you know, it's not a cell phone.

Why the **** did you come here? To berate the iPhone? **** man, piss off.

Man. Chill. Have you ever heard of constructive criticism? Apparently not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro