Appreciate the iPhone, people

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Exactly what the jailbreak is for. You want some locked features? Jailbreak. Even more reason why it is the best phone out. Of course I want to see an LED screen and some enhancements but front-facing camera, slide down keyboard, extrs buttons? For what? My goodness.

iPhone 3GS running 3.1 since the 25th is the greatest phone out! The iPhone is finally complete, any wish list made now will just be add ons or a sought for innovation, we are currently where cellphones haven't gone before. Perfect? Close to it! In comparison to the standard that a typical cellphone/smartphone would have. Room for growth and innovation? Sure! There is always room for inovation and new technology. So now, all we expect are enhancements to what's currently great! It will be great to get some of the functionality seen in JB phones but to me those are just customizations that don't take away from the iPhones core functionality. Long and short of it is the iPhones the best phone out there, developers, 3rd party accessories makers, users, other phone companies and you all know it!

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I would like would be the front facing camera. Other than that, I love everything about my iPhone 3GS. I actually don't even know if I would use the front camera for skype, iChat, etc, but having it would be fun.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't mind a couple of new features, you know? Some people want the phone to get up and cook them dinner. It has limitations just like every other phone

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I was reading a post and this person wants an extra button to launch a favorite app. Really? Because it's just too much work to swipe your finger across and press the app on the home screen huh?

TerryB#IM

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Why is that when someone says the iPhone is great, they are accused of drinking the kool aid???

I'll never understand. I'll go out on a limb and say the iPhone is THE best cell phone I've ever used, plus it's the best PDA I've ever used. And I've been using cell phones since before the Moto Star Tac came to fruition.[/QUOTE I couldn't agree more.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone is perfect. If you want an extra button for some extra dumb unnecessary reason, get another phone. You don't buy the iPhone to complain about what it doesn't have. Appreciate what it has and how much better it is now than any phone out there. You like the bb menu button? Buy a blackberry. Want a slide down keyboard? Buy the g1.

Perfect? Right. You obviously haven't tried to access anything on the file system on your phone, tether it, or send multi-part MMS messages (sound + pictures) with it. Go ahead and say that you don't need any of that. It still proves the phone isn't perfect. Oh, and the camera is crap. Not only is the shudder speed super slow, it takes horrible pictures without perfect lighting.

The iPhone is a nice device. It's great for entertainment. It doesn't do everything, though. It only does what Apple and AT&T want you to be able to do. I can tether just about any other phone without AT&T (or Apple's) consent, send multi-part MMS messages, and access any file on the phone or even add files to the phone. I'm currently using an android phone and it is much closer to being perfect than the iPhone is.

But you go ahead and enjoy being tethered to iTunes and having limited access to simple functions on your phone. The iPhone is a perfect device for people who don't really know what a smartphone is.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure your phone can't do half the things an iPhone can. I'm sure you can't record and edit the video right after then upload straight to YouTube. I'm pretty sure your phone doesn't have even half of the apps iPhone has. You know there are ways around apple and AT&T's limits. Little thing called jailbreak

Perfect? Right. You obviously haven't tried to access anything on the file system on your phone, tether it, or send multi-part MMS messages (sound + pictures) with it. Go ahead and say that you don't need any of that. It still proves the phone isn't perfect. Oh, and the camera is crap. Not only is the shudder speed super slow, it takes horrible pictures without perfect lighting.

The iPhone is a nice device. It's great for entertainment. It doesn't do everything, though. It only does what Apple and AT&T want you to be able to do. I can tether just about any other phone without AT&T (or Apple's) consent, send multi-part MMS messages, and access any file on the phone or even add files to the phone. I'm currently using an android phone and it is much closer to being perfect than the iPhone is.

But you go ahead and enjoy being tethered to iTunes and having limited access to simple functions on your phone. The iPhone is a perfect device for people who don't really know what a smartphone is.

Last edited:

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Im glad the tech industry is not run by people like you, or there would be no innovation.

The iPhone is good. Great? Not so much. I love it, but I am capable enough to realize that it has shortcomings.

Kids deserve unconditional love. Technology doesn't. Learn the difference.

took the words right outta my mouth. no device can be perfect, the reason why? technology. there is always new technology coming out, so how can a device ever be perfect? now the iphone is a great device, but it is not perfect

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

Actually you can tether, you can MMS, and you can access the file system easily, and you can create /edit Word and Excel Docs. I do all of these every day.

The G1 is a nice device but before you come to an iPhone forum and start stating what it can and can not do, you need to get you facts straight.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure your phone can't do half the things an iPhone can. I'm sure you can't record and edit the video right after then upload straight to YouTube. I'm pretty sure your phone doesn't have even half of the apps iPhone has. You know there are ways around apple and AT&T's limits. Little thing called jailbreak

I'm pretty sure you're ignorant and know nothing about phones. You should probably do a little more research. My phone can do all of those things, some of them better than the iPhone can. I currently have the HTC Magic.

And no, my phone doesn't have nearly as many iFart apps as the iPhone does, but it has the apps I want, so I guess I'll have to settle for not downloading junk.

Side note on Jailbreak: I don't have to "jailbreak" my phone to get these features. And if I did, an update to the OS a few weeks from now wouldn't undo (or brick ) it.

Here's a nice little test for you: Try to copy a sound clip to your iPhone and then send it to someone as an MMS (or even an e-mail). Let me know when you manage to accomplish that.

Last edited:

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank you sir.

Actually you can tether, you can MMS, and you can access the file system easily, and you can create /edit Word and Excel Docs. I do all of these every day.

The G1 is a nice device but before you come to an iPhone forum and start stating what it can and can not do, you need to get you facts straight.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

Really? You can tether, huh? Either you have the tether hack and you haven't updated to 3.1 (thus nuking it) or your phone is jailbroken. Either way, it doesn't count. Having to hack your phone to get features that it doesn't have is basically saying "my phone isn't perfect", thus the topic of this thread (duh). But feel free to go through all the trouble of jailbreaking your phone so Apple can break it in a few weeks with an update. Then you get to wait until you can jailbreak it again (or wait to download the update in the first place). I never said you can't MMS. You just had to wait for 3 years to get that ability. What I said was, you can't send a MULTI-PART MMS, like a sound + a picture. You can send multiple pictures in one message or one sound, but that's it. The iPhone's MMS is very simple.

I never stated I had a G1. I used to. I currently have a Magic.My point was that no phone is perfect, but I have had just about every phone you can name and I can name plenty of them with better features than the iPhone. I have also owned the original iPhone, the 3G and the 3Gs, so I can assure you that I know what I'm talking about.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You must not know there's an app for pretty much everythig yo just mentioned and then some. Not just ifart apps, jerk. Excuse apple for adding some entertainment

I'm pretty sure you're ignorant and no nothing about phones. You should probably do a little more research. My phone can do all of those things, some of them better than the iPhone can. I currently have the HTC Magic.

And no, my phone doesn't have nearly as many iFart apps as the iPhone does, but it has the apps I want, so I guess I'll have to settle for not downloading junk.

Side note on Jailbreak: I don't have to "jailbreak" my phone to get these features. And if I did, an update to the OS a few weeks from now wouldn't undo (or brick ) it.

Here's a nice little test for you: Try to copy a sound clip to your iPhone and then send it to someone as an MMS (or even an e-mail). Let me know when you manage to accomplish that.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You must not know there's an app for pretty much everythig yo just mentioned and then some. Not just ifart apps, jerk. Excuse apple for adding some entertainment

Wow. Breaking out with the name calling already. I haven't struck a nerve, have I?

You're going to have to direct me to the app that lets you tether. I haven't been able to find that one on the app store. I wonder if it's because AT&T won't allow it?

I still challenge you to copy an MP3 to your iPhone and then send it to someone. Let me know how that works for you.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The fart apps are part of the iPhone experience. Bodily functions are way of life. You know you fart and laugh every time.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
A couple more challenges for your "perfect" phone:

1) Open up Pandora to listen to music. Now check the text message you just received and reply to it. What? You say Pandora quit streaming as soon as you opened messaging? Well that sucks.

2) Surf the web until you find a sound clip you'd like to download. Now download it to your iPhone.

3) Fire up iChat mobile

4) Listen to music through your bluetooth headset. Now skip to the next track using the controls on your headset.

There's more, of course. But I'm pretty sure that any one of these is enough to dispute your claim that the iPhone is "perfect".

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Even if you want more from the iPhone, respect this... The iPhone raised the bar on all other cellphones on the market... Without the iPhone many people would still think the razr is a awesome phone. And yes like it or not, the iPhone made every company up their standards and innovation...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Really? You can tether, huh? Either you have the tether hack and you haven't updated to 3.1 (thus nuking it) or your phone is jailbroken. Either way, it doesn't count. Having to hack your phone to get features that it doesn't have is basically saying "my phone isn't perfect", thus the topic of this thread (duh). But feel free to go through all the trouble of jailbreaking your phone so Apple can break it in a few weeks with an update. Then you get to wait until you can jailbreak it again (or wait to download the update in the first place). I never said you can't MMS. You just had to wait for 3 years to get that ability. What I said was, you can't send a MULTI-PART MMS, like a sound + a picture. You can send multiple pictures in one message or one sound, but that's it. The iPhone's MMS is very simple.

I never stated I had a G1. I used to. I currently have a Magic.My point was that no phone is perfect, but I have had just about every phone you can name and I can name plenty of them with better features than the iPhone. I have also owned the original iPhone, the 3G and the 3Gs, so I can assure you that I know what I'm talking about.

Yes you can tether even after 3.1. There is actually a thread about it around here somewhere. I will also disagree with your point about JB. Saying that JB does not count because it was not part of the original phone is equivalent to saying that ALL third party apps do not count in making the phone more functional because they were not originally on the phone. (and NO I am not JB) MMS, I have only had a couple of days so I do not know what it can do. Frankly I do not care. MMS is an outdated technology IMO anyway. Most people that I deal with IM or Email. But that is just me.:rolleyes:

While I will agree with you that no phone is perfect for everyone. (ie. The Magic for me would be ABSOLUTELY unusable because T-Mobile's service is my area is almost non-existent.) I will agree with the OP that the iPhone is the perfect phone...for me.;) I also have tried or look at them all.

You are obviously knowledgeable in the "smartphone" arena. I would suggest to you that you walk a bit more careful, especially with only a very few posts under your belt. Your knowledge and observation will be readily excepted if you do not come across..... frankly as a Troll. Just a suggestion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro