Appreciate the iPhone, people

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone can not override what developers do to their apps. The iPhone is way more than capable of doing so. It's up to the developer

what? I am kinda confused by what you mean but I think I get the gist of it. I think that you are saying that developers can do a lot more than what the iPhone is letting them permit. When I said side loading I simply meant the iphone should let us get apps from other places then the app store.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
yea, definitely didn't understand what you meant. Sorry about that

what? I am kinda confused by what you mean but I think I get the gist of it. I think that you are saying that developers can do a lot more than what the iPhone is letting them permit. When I said side loading I simply meant the iphone should let us get apps from other places then the app store.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
All I have to say is although I love my Iphone I think everyone has a right to complain about whatever they want. If it wasn't for people who complain things would never be improved. So it's not a point of the OP saying the Iphone is great that's the problem it's the fact that they are saying that anyone that complains is a loser. Everyone uses the phone in different ways, for different things so no one has the right to tell someone they don't have the right to their own opinion and their own complaints. On top of that what the OP is calling complaints to me look like suggestions for improvements. So everyone that is supporting the OP is against improvements??

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
And changing the background INCREASES the functionality of a cell phone? I can change the background on my Mac, but that doesn't mean it's better than a cell, since, you know, it's not a cell phone.

Why the **** did you come here? To berate the iPhone? **** man, piss off.

Uh. This is called having a discussion. Please refer to this for reference: Debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you are that easily agitated and lapse out of civility, , I suggest you stay away from such discussions.

How does it not increase functionality? Do you use a background on your computer? That is called a function. Having the ability to do it adds functionality. And yeah, its more than a cell phone. Its a COMPUTER. So your argument defeats itself. If my phone from 1990 can do backgrouns, and my new UBMB Pro can do backgrounds, than surely the iphone can.

It can't? Its not perfect.

*sigh*

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Man. Chill. Have you ever heard of constructive criticism? Apparently not.

Constructive criticism? Are you serious? Idiots go OUT OF THEIR way to post on other forums about stuff which they don't own. Of course I'm gonna curse at this idiot. I've been doing it for years. If you don't like something, just shut the **** up and go about your business.

If you don't like the iPhone because you can't change the picture, whatever the hell that means, just stay off the iPhone forums.:eek::rolleyes:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Uh. This is called having a discussion. Please refer to this for reference: Debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you are that easily agitated and lapse out of civility, , I suggest you stay away from such discussions.

How does it not increase functionality? Do you use a background on your computer? That is called a function. Having the ability to do it adds functionality. And yeah, its more than a cell phone. Its a COMPUTER. So your argument defeats itself. If my phone from 1990 can do backgrouns, and my new UBMB Pro can do backgrounds, than surely the iphone can.

It can't? Its not perfect.

*sigh*

Oh shut your trap. *whining*Oh you can't change the picture, ohhhh*whining* Therefore the iPhone is far from perfect... Give me ****ing break dude. If you don't like it, just shut the **** up and go to the forums about the phone you DO like and talk about the phone you DO like. kthxbai.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like some of you need to TAKE a CHILL pill. Why ALL the personal "attacks". Isn't this forum a place to share experiences, ask questions, LEARN, EDUCATE the UNEDUCATED ? TAKE a STEP back... Do a little digging.. Find out who's posting what. Some are more knowledgeable than others. Some have NEVER posted...SOME CAN'T string 5 words together to make sense. There's a WIDE range of AGES and EXPERIENCE on these pages. NONE more BETTER than the OTHER... We're ALL on the SAME BOAT... Making the SAME journey... Learn to LOVE it... Share it... EMBRACE it... IGoSlo

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh shut your trap. *whining*Oh you can't change the picture, ohhhh*whining* Therefore the iPhone is far from perfect... Give me ****ing break dude. If you don't like it, just shut the **** up and go to the forums about the phone you DO like and talk about the phone you DO like. kthxbai.

I don't recall ever saying I didn't like the iPhone. I love it. I don't see how you don't understand this: I am providing supporting statements for my argument that the iphone is NOT perfect. Therefore, I am showing it has flaws. I am a pretty big apple fan, but some of the intense fanboi's (see OP) believe that anything that steve jobs poops is flawless and deserves worship. This is simply no true.

The iphone is good. Not perfect. ONE example is that of backgrounds. You need to step away from the computer if you can not only not partake in a discussion but also not refrain from cursing.

Its just a phone.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
And the backgrounds increase or decrease the basic functionality of a cell phone? Next thing you'll be saying that some other phone can change the font and the iPhone can't so therefore it's so far from imperfect, right?

Backgrounds and cool looking fonts and graphics are just twinkle stuff, icing.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
And the backgrounds increase or decrease the basic functionality of a cell phone? Next thing you'll be saying that some other phone can change the font and the iPhone can't so therefore it's so far from imperfect, right?

Backgrounds and cool looking fonts and graphics are just twinkle stuff, icing.

Actually, thank you for bringing up another point. My dad doesn't have the best vision. On a blackberry, or most other phones, you can alter the font size and sometimes also the font to make it more legible. And like you brought up, the iphone can't do it. Yes, you can use the magnify feature under disability settings but that hardly accomplishes the same thing. So he is forced to type in ALL CAPS in order for it to be easier to read.

Are you telling me that altering font size/font to make it legible to those with poor eye sight is NOT increasing functionality? The iphone should just be used by those with perfect vision? Really?

Oh, and its not far from imperfect. It IS imperfect ;)

Last edited:

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
I love my iPhone. I think it's the best phone I've ever owned, BUT there are always ways to improve everything and by talking about them and making new requests, technology gets better, companies compete, and all the money I spend on newer, cooler gadgets won't be wasted on a copy of the same thing I bought last time. :)

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I always appreciate iphone in my way. I believe my iphone is my daily food without which it will be hard for me to survive. I guess all users of it simply depends on it.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Constructive criticism? Are you serious? Idiots go OUT OF THEIR way to post on other forums about stuff which they don't own. Of course I'm gonna curse at this idiot. I've been doing it for years. If you don't like something, just shut the **** up and go about your business.

If you don't like the iPhone because you can't change the picture, whatever the hell that means, just stay off the iPhone forums.:eek::rolleyes:

Dude, you really have to calm down. As a post I just read in this thread stated, NOTHING IS PERFECT. And talking about it helps make tech better and the gadgets we own better. One of the reason I like coming to this forum is because of the lack of people like you. There is no need to swear, please. If you can't make a civilized debate about something without going on a personal attack rant, you really should not say anything at all. We all LOVE our iPhones, and that is why we are here. And it is because we love them so much that we can understand the flaws in them and hope they get better. Just because it doesn't do everything doesn't mean it is bad, far from it.

The success of the iphone is also it's worst enemy. It is so good and does so much, that when one simple thing is missing or doesn't work, people flip out. Nothing is perfect. Please, make a civil debate or go home.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
ctt1wbw dude you really need a nice big hug. Wheredoes all your aggression stem from? This is a DISCUSSION board and that's what we are all here for. I'm in agreement with both sides of the table. The iPhone is the best phone out there, especially jailbroken. But it is NOT perfect as you are makig it out to be. I paid $600 for mine and I NEVER in my life thought I would invest in So much money on a frickin phone.

But to me, it was worth every penny. It just boggles my mind that it lacked a lot of basic functions. For example, MMS was bundled with the new firmware update and people are acting like the new playstation 4 just came out. I just scratch my head as to why these things wasn't included with the phone 2 generations ago.

With that aside, admittedly the iPhone is one sexy biatch. I never thought I'd be on a phone this much and not really be talking to anyone. There's so much to do that one can never get bored of it. And if you do somehow grower tired of it, jailbreak!

duhneiz

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
If everything was included in gen1 what would there be to look forward to?

Apple has fef changed the came by far!!! And they did that lacking some of the most common features like copy/paste... MMS .. Stereo Bluetooth ... Apple has done nothing but exceed my expectations with a phone

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Dude, you really have to calm down. As a post I just read in this thread stated, NOTHING IS PERFECT. And talking about it helps make tech better and the gadgets we own better. One of the reason I like coming to this forum is because of the lack of people like you. There is no need to swear, please. If you can't make a civilized debate about something without going on a personal attack rant, you really should not say anything at all. We all LOVE our iPhones, and that is why we are here. And it is because we love them so much that we can understand the flaws in them and hope they get better. Just because it doesn't do everything doesn't mean it is bad, far from it.

The success of the iphone is also it's worst enemy. It is so good and does so much, that when one simple thing is missing or doesn't work, people flip out. Nothing is perfect. Please, make a civil debate or go home.

Go home? I am at home.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
No doubt Apple has a roadmap laid out for the next few years in terms of features, when to add them, software updates to focus on, etc.

They're a company that puts profit first. Not a bad thing since this means they have to do stuff that entices us to buy or keep upgrading.

Marketing driven updates is here to stay. I've no doubt they sit on some updates so as to make a big splash later with one. Apple loves promoting big numbers or 100's of new features.

Should be pretty obvious Apple is looking at multitasking, notifications, quicker SMS replies, changing settings on the fly, home screen changes, themes, better screens, how to achieve hd recording, etc. The constraints are plenty though as they have to balance this with maintaining a very user friendly UI (this is key), app compatibility, at least one past generation phone compatibility (or making sure the most recent phone can support upgrades), etc.

If you jailbreak, you've already seen how some of this stuff could be done.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
If you don't realize what you have in your hand in the 3GS, try using another phone for about 2 weeks. 99% of the time you will be dying to go back to the 3GS.. trust me, I know from experience with both the Bold and Tour.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73