Dude, you really have to calm down. As a post I just read in this thread stated, NOTHING IS PERFECT. And talking about it helps make tech better and the gadgets we own better. One of the reason I like coming to this forum is because of the lack of people like you. There is no need to swear, please. If you can't make a civilized debate about something without going on a personal attack rant, you really should not say anything at all. We all LOVE our iPhones, and that is why we are here. And it is because we love them so much that we can understand the flaws in them and hope they get better. Just because it doesn't do everything doesn't mean it is bad, far from it.

The success of the iphone is also it's worst enemy. It is so good and does so much, that when one simple thing is missing or doesn't work, people flip out. Nothing is perfect. Please, make a civil debate or go home.

Go home? I am at home.
    10-01-2009 05:56 AM
    No doubt Apple has a roadmap laid out for the next few years in terms of features, when to add them, software updates to focus on, etc.

They're a company that puts profit first. Not a bad thing since this means they have to do stuff that entices us to buy or keep upgrading.

Marketing driven updates is here to stay. I've no doubt they sit on some updates so as to make a big splash later with one. Apple loves promoting big numbers or 100's of new features.

Should be pretty obvious Apple is looking at multitasking, notifications, quicker SMS replies, changing settings on the fly, home screen changes, themes, better screens, how to achieve hd recording, etc. The constraints are plenty though as they have to balance this with maintaining a very user friendly UI (this is key), app compatibility, at least one past generation phone compatibility (or making sure the most recent phone can support upgrades), etc.

If you jailbreak, you've already seen how some of this stuff could be done.
    10-01-2009 07:50 AM
    Go home? I am at home.
    I'm not even going to try an argue with you anymore. You really just need to chill.
    10-01-2009 08:45 AM
    If you don't realize what you have in your hand in the 3GS, try using another phone for about 2 weeks. 99% of the time you will be dying to go back to the 3GS.. trust me, I know from experience with both the Bold and Tour.
    10-01-2009 09:53 AM
    But... but... the iPhone is far from perfect! Just shows what you know, Mr. Moderator Man!
    10-01-2009 10:53 AM
    Yes the iPhone is not perfect but still, neither is any other phone? The iPhone is just a bit more expensive so people think that it would be absolutely perfect. Yes, appreciate the iPhone.
    10-01-2009 03:54 PM
    Yes the iPhone is not perfect but still, neither is any other phone? The iPhone is just a bit more expensive so people think that it would be absolutely perfect. Yes, appreciate the iPhone.
    I do appreciate it. Im just getting annoyed by the "the iphone is perfect, don't even question it!" mentality by some fanbois on here.
    10-01-2009 03:59 PM
    I have to agree however, the iPhone is NOT perfect. If it was perfect they would have never updated to 3.1 from 3.0 or from 1.0 matter fact.

There are so much more Apple can put into the core of the phone. I'm not really complaining because I like what ti does now or I really would had another phone.
    10-01-2009 08:49 PM
    They are a very nice device but they're certainly not the be all and end all.
    10-02-2009 12:29 AM
    I appreciate the iPhone for what it is and appreciate the promise of what it can and, in time, will be. It's the best phone I've ever owned and, with each update, eagerly look to see what's been added to make it even better. Appreciating something doesn't mean not wanting more.

I'm just really glad that Jobs and company don't share the OP's view and will continue to make it better and better. Can't wait to see what comes out next year...and the year after, and the year after.

Appreciate what you have, but never stop dreaming for the future.
    10-02-2009 01:09 AM
    They are a very nice device but they're certainly not the be all and end all.
    But....but...How could I get through my day without my iPhone!!! I mean I have to have my iPhone!! I can not work with out my iPhone!! I mena just the thought of....can't breathe....must sit down...where is a paper bag!!
    10-02-2009 07:51 AM
    I know what you mean, sir! Mine never leaves my hands unless I'm sleeping or in the shower.
    10-02-2009 08:31 AM
    I appreciate and love my Iphone everyday and more with every update. The difference is between complaining and wanting more functions. I've seen complaining sure, it's human nature someone will complain. However I think what the OP was listing as complaints was more like ideas for new innovations.
    10-02-2009 08:56 AM
    I am afraid that is human nature. We dissect and analyze everything. It isn't a bad thing. It is how we are able to improve things and bring about innovation. The only downside is that people take criticsm of devices too seriously. I love my iPhone, but I don't think that it is perfect. No device will be. But iPhone users shouldn't feel bad because someone points out the shortcomings of the device. That is to be expected. Don't get upset. Remember, you have an iPhone and it is badass.
    10-10-2009 12:10 PM
    Personally I love my iphone, hands down the best phone I have ever had. But I have never run across a piece of electronics where I did not wish it did something "just a little bit better". In my opinion companies like Apple appreciate the criticism of their products, it allows them to go back and make improvements which results in happier customers.

Lastly, I am of the mindset that if someone pays for an iphone they are free to criticize the hell out of it.
    10-11-2009 10:27 AM
    i love my iPhone too.
    cant image using a different phone .
    10-16-2009 06:27 AM
    If you don't realize what you have in your hand in the 3GS, try using another phone for about 2 weeks. 99% of the time you will be dying to go back to the 3GS.. trust me, I know from experience with both the Bold and Tour.
    Actually, I have switched to several different phones since I bought my 3Gs. I might switch away from the phone I bought to replace it, but I never go back to the iPhone. That's because I know that the things the iPhone DIDN'T do that drove me away from it haven't changed.

Having had as many phones as I have over the last few years and the amount of experience I have with all of the different mobile operating systems, the iPhone just doesn't serve my needs. Right now, Android is the only one that comes close and it seems to have more potential, mainly because it is not a victim of a partnership between AT&T and Apple that limits user functionality.

People keep saying "the iPhone might not have multitasking, but that would just drain the battery faster". You're right. It probably would on the iPhone OS. On Android, it works fine. I have an HTC Magic (Rogers Branded) which works on AT&T 3G frequencies and I use it heavily on a daily basis. The battery life is the same, if not slightly better, than the iPhone 3Gs. This is with background apps open.

Here's where I'll give it to the iPhone: If I park my Magic without charging it overnight, it will be dead in the morning. I can leave my 3Gs laying around for days without using it and the battery won't drain.

No, none of the phones out there are perfect. The iPhone has some great hardware (with the exception of the camera) and it's really a shame that it is limited by a closed OS and a restrictive carrier.
    10-19-2009 04:56 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD