From storm to iphone

r00t3d

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I am almost dead set on making the switch next week. I have seen all the amazing things the iphone can do but I want to know the bad I will expect from the iphone.

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Three months ago I switched from a BB Storm on Verizon to an iPhone on AT&T. I definitely love th iPhone over the Storm. Much quicker, easier to use, less buggy and all around smoother UI. Plus the 75,000 apps on the app store. The one thing that I liked on the BB was the customization options eg. themes and sms ringtones ect... but this can be fixed with a simple jailbreak. I also had a broader range of coverage with Verizon. AT&T is great in my area (so this isn't much of a problem) but if I travel to more rural areas coverage can drop off. All-in-all I am very happy I Made the switch. Hope this helps.

atvrider

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I really didnt like the storm too hard to use. I switched to the iphone and found it a lot easier to use and was a lot quicker
Ok, I am almost dead set on making the switch next week. I have seen all the amazing things the iphone can do but I want to know the bad I will expect from the iphone.

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you and finally took the plunge from the BB Storm to the iPhone. I have been totally satisfied and enjoy the Iphone so much more than the BB because of the ease of use, application options and smooth interface. I haven't looked back.

Go for it. you won't be sorry.
Mike

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm not saying the iphone isn't a good device, but you have no tiff's with the device? the OP is looking for pros & cons and all you guys have done is gush about the phone.

No device is perfect, so come on, give the guy some pros & cons. or at least since this thread is full of gushing, some cons.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The Pros far out weigh the cons, so much that the few there are matter very little to all but the hardcore users I think.

Cons:
-No background processes/multi-tasking apps (except for built in Apple made apps)
-No tethering, legally
-No custom ring profiles
-No custom sounds or changing sounds for SMS or email
-No themes or changing the UI

Of course you could do all of this if you jailbreak. But to the vast majority having a stable (up until 3.1 for me) working phone this powerful is a lot to be happy about. Don't forget the App Store, you will get addicted to it.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
here are some i can think of that everyone knows:

No removeable battery ->remedied by getting one of the external 3rd party battery cases or battery chargers like this

dismal speaker phone unless you're in a quiet environment

limited notifications for incoming sms or email, it gives 3 pings or so then stops, so if you're away from the device unless you actually checked it you wouldn't know there are messages...unlike with blackberry re the flashing led.

i'm looking around for more cons, i don't own an iPhone yet...honestly though i don't think any of these are dealbreakers.

Last edited:

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
The Pros far out weigh the cons, so much that the few there are matter very little to all but the hardcore users I think.

Cons:
-No background processes/multi-tasking apps (except for built in Apple made apps)
-No tethering, legally
-No custom ring profiles

Of course you could do all of this if you jailbreak. But to the vast majority having a stable (up until 3.1 for me) working phone this powerful is a lot to be happy about. Don't forget the App Store, you will get addicted to it.

I have tethering, whos cares if its free legal or not they cant tell
I have 240 ringtones I can simply download and drag and drop to itunes then sync
Custom sounds can be changed for EVERYTHING! Text, email, silde to unlock, alarms, etc etc ANYTHING
I have tons of FULL complete themes or custom themes for each section.

A STOCK iphone does suck compared to a jailbroke one...

Kind of like a stock mustang to a modded mustang...

I love it and will never have another brand phone, on my 4th iphone now..

r00t3d

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

Cons:
-No tethering, legally
-No custom ring profiles

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. But reading some of the other replies it looks like all I have to do is jailbreak it to fix any and all issues I might have.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
If u have owned ur Storm long u know that RIM gave everyone a half ass product I bought the storm back in January and switched to a iPhone in July. I had a total of 4 storms each one sucked with the internet it was slow as hell it would freeze almost everyday, I did a battery pull atleast 2 times a day. Finally in July I had enough and I switched to the iPhone and iam never looking back this phone is fast easy to use and I have not had a freeze since I bought it switch over u will B happy u did, the one thing that still bugs me is that RIM and Verizon got me for $200 for that peace of sh$t phone..

Last edited:

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
For a poweruser, or most users who've been using smartphones before the iphone, i think it would lose it's appeal if you were unable to jailbreak it...it wouldn't be as useful....for the average user or someone coming from a feature phone they're likely to be content with it as it is.

Be aware that there is no current jailbreak solution for the 3gs on OS 3.1, and also be aware that everytime that Apple releases a new OS, the phone has to be jailbroken again. (with the commensurate wait time for the development community to crack it)

Last edited:

mpkav

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I got the Storm the day it came out and ended up having it replaced once. Some say a con of the Iphone is no removable battery. If you have had a Storm you probably never want to see a battery again!!! I pulled my battery 10 times a day. The Iphone is second to none!!! Updating is by far easier with Itunes and internet blows blackberry out of the water. The battery life would be my only con and it really isn't horrible. Go ahead and make the switch, you will not regret it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234