For those that have not updated to firmware 3.1 due to jail break reasons, you can use the following to install the new AT&T carrier settings to enable MMS:
    (tested in Windows Vista with iTunes 8.2 and firmware 3.0 on iPhone 3G
    1. download and save this file:
      Code:
      appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/CarrierBundles/061-7282.20090925.3Sph5/ATT_US.ipcc
      OR
      dl.getdropbox.com/u/29849/ATT_US.ipcc
      since i'm still a noob, I cant make this a link until a mod can edit a URL tag in for me, you'll have to copy/paste the address into your browser address bar
    2. make sure iTunes is currently NOT running.
    3. open a command window (start->run->cmd.exe)
    4. execute the following
      Code:
      "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    5. close the command window
    6. start iTunes
    7. shift click the "update" or "check for update" button and browse to the ATT_US.ipcc file downloaded above.
    8. disconnect and reboot your iphone

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by BrandonGoodman; 09-25-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: alternate download link added
    09-25-2009 02:12 PM
    first post huh? i'm gonna wait till someone else follows your instructions.
    09-25-2009 02:44 PM
    I don't blame you. I'd be a little hesitant too...
    I listen to the TiPB podcast religiously. Just never took the time to register for a forum account. I came here to find out how to get my MMS going without installing the 3.1 update and was surprised to not find a walk through on the main site so I figured I'd do a quick write of what worked for me.
    09-25-2009 02:51 PM
    Those instructions are legit. You can follow the same here:
    https://www.krillr.com/blog/N72ZCXJH...hone-os-31-att
    09-25-2009 03:25 PM
    I just followed the instructions and it seemed to work. I have the ability to take a snapshot in my sms box. The picture takes but when sending the progress bar gets all the way to just about finished and hangs there a while before the ! alert shows up telling me that the message failed to go.

Going to try rebooting again.
    09-25-2009 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD