Looking to switch from a BB to an iPhone but have a few questions...

xLaurenx

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

So I currently have a BB 8330 with Sprint and my contract is up in a little over a month. I am debating on either a BB Storm 2 or an iPhone (leaning more towards the iPhone tho).

I love being able to customize my BB so I will most likely end up jailbreaking my iPhone. I have read that once you JB regular apps will not work? Maybe I read this wrong but if I JB will I ONLY be able to use the apps provided in Cydia? or can I still use apps from app world?

What is the best way to purchase? Online, AT&T store or Apple store?

Would you guys recommend getting the extended protection plan?

I think that is all for now. Thanks!! :)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Jailbreaking will not cause interference with running apps from the App Store.

2. Either of the 3 options is ok, although ordering online means you have to wiat for it... ;)

karrel

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I sold my BB Storm & bought an iPhone (at AT&T store) & do not regret it AT ALL. The iPhone has more apps, is easier to take pictures with, easier to type on. I don't know about jail breaking but I know that your warranty won't work if you do. Also, you have to get the warranty from Apple. It comes with a 1 year warranty already.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've found that if you go to an AT&T store in an upscale/rich neighborhood, the service is much better. The same goes for the banks and other service oriented business.

I got my 3G last October. I went to an AT&T store located in the richest part of town and I couldn't believe how nice everybody was and how smooth the transaction went. I was in and out of the AT&T store no more than 30 min.

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have used the Storm and it sucks in comparison to the iPhone...that's just my opinion though. The iPhone is a lot more user friendly and works how a person thinks. I've been to a couple different Apple stores and they are all very friendly and eager to help (regardless of the demographic of the neighborhood). I would definitely go to an Apple Store to buy your phone; they know exactly what they're talking about and can help you set everything up the way you want it. If you go to an AT&T store, they can get it working, but might not be as knowledgeable about the ins-and-outs of the phone.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
If you have running a BB, you should have no problem setting up the iPhone. You can just go to whatever is closest (call first to make sure they have what you want in stock), unless you want to make the pilgrimage to the Apple store, which is always a fun trip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73