Official "I Have Legit AT&T MMS" Sound Off!

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I plugged in to get the carrier update yesterday morning and rebooted the phone. Throughout the day, I must have tried to send 100 pictures through MMS and all 100 failed w/ the progress bar at about 90% and resulting in the Red Exclamation Mark Icon. So much hype for what should be a standard feature from the get-go lol

SMichael 57

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I plugged in to get the carrier update yesterday morning and rebooted the phone. Throughout the day, I must have tried to send 100 pictures through MMS and all 100 failed w/ the progress bar at about 90% and resulting in the Red Exclamation Mark Icon. So much hype for what should be a standard feature from the get-go lol

Restart your iPhone, then it will work.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I just got word 2day from A T & T. MMS is no big deal for me. I would much prefer the A-List advantages, FREE PC teathering, the ability to receive, download, print send PDF and other files, possibly FAX with iPhone. "ALL" with "NO" additional charges. IGoSlo

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
got my carrier file from itunes and my MMS works great. it stops a little before the end of the send bar is finished but then it goes about 10 seconds later. Oh and i am in salt lake city for my location.

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I was on the phone w/ AT&T yesterday for about 30 min trying to solve my MMS issue. They couldn't find a solution for me. Then I read this morning from a post in another forum that he took his sim card out, put it in another working phone (non-iphone), put it back in his iphone, then he finally got to send and receive MMS.

I did the same thing and used my old phone (Sony Ericsson k550i). When I put back my sim in the iphone and turned it on all the MMS that my friends have been trying to send to me over the weekend finally popped in my new messages one after another. Tried to send a pic and it finally goes through after 15-20 seconds. :D

Maybe that might work for some of you guys too.

Last edited:

nuflat

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah after rebooting my phone for the 3rd time since the update, still failed attempts... no biggie I'm sure it'll come through eventually.

I kept getting the red exclamation point and I called AT&T and they tried to do some updates to the phone which didn?t change anything, but the final thing they had me do was go into the settings and under general at the very bottom is a reset which he had me do reset all settings. I didn?t loose any data except my icons were put back to default. But after we did that and it rebooted, it worked just fine. I have sent serveral since then without a problem.

devnull_1101

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I was getting the red exclamation point all weekend long. Finally today when I got to work (it's a company iphone), I had our employee who handles our cell phones call AT&T. Apparently AT&T didn't change my messaging plan when I got the iphone even though they were told to give me the unlimited messaging plan. They showed me still on the 1000msg plan they don't even offer anymore which is text messages only. Got my plan updated and they even had to reset something about my data plan and all is working now. I just had to reset up my VPN and VVM.

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Another issue I'm having is that if I try to send images from my camera roll to non-iPhones, they never receive them. I believe the images are not being reduced to a small enough size before being sent.

If I use the option to take a picture to send when composing the message, it seems to go through. So obviously When you take a picture in the Message app, it sizes it correctly.

Weird little bug. Anyone else having this issue?

rickysea

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
MMS works off the packet data,I think, so it will take a few seconds to sent the mms message, unlike a regular txt msg? Is this right, if so mine works just fin but I have 200 ,sg for 5$ and have sent 350 so far gues I'm financing another att store! :) I'm happy with it, I have had all three generations of the iphone and have loved them all (as well as att) since day one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73