Official "I Have Legit AT&T MMS" Sound Off!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Just got the carrier update from iTunes. Had to reset the iPhone for the option to show up. Just tried it and it works, kind of slow to send though. In north central Maryland.

Last edited:

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I have it. iPhone 3G, firmware 3.1, jailbroken. I was getting the error 0x8000003d the first few times I tried it. Then I went into Cydia and removed "AT&T Carrier Logo", rebooted and it worked fine.

Note: I have the "missing carrier string" problem that is common for a 3.1 jailbreak, and I thought that was the cause of my initial trouble getting the new carrier profile. Apparently not the case - I still have the missing string, but now I have MMS too.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Finally got mine working in Tampa Bay, FL. Jailbroken 3GS on 3.0.1. Installed MMS & Tethering Settings from Cydia, reset network settings & successfully sent a test MMS to myself to check receipt. Also sent to a couple other friends. Looks like we're good to go!

I hate the rat b@stards for making it 3.1 dependent but thank god for the Cydia pkg & others who posted so much info about updating the carrier file under the table. :cool:

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have been at work all day so I just updated now.

Feels weird seeing the symbol in the message now..

Took way too long.

motox151

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
is it just me or does it take foreeeeeeeeeeeever to send a pic message! I tought att was supposed to have this locked down for a great cust experience, hence the delay in releasing mms.

gatorinmn

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I wish it "only" took "forever" for me! I get the "sending . . . ." bar at the top when trying to send a pic message, but it never completes -- the bar gets about 90% across and then just hangs and hangs. After a couple of minutes it stops trying, and then I get a "message failed" indication. Any suggestions?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Well I've done everything I can hunk of. Updated carrier file to 5.5, reset carrier logo to default and deleted the MIM app from cydia, set MMS to 'on' in messages>settings. Still can't send pics. WTF?! Guess I'm either going to have to jump to 3.1 without JB (due to being on PC) in order to get MMS, or stick with JB 3.0.1 and miss out on MMS. Decisions, decisions. Just don't think MMS is that important to me right now

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
And the first MMS complaint comes....

Tell me about it! Lol. The dude probably never mentioned it before the update, but like always -- they need to complain about something they knew wasn't there in the first place. Go figure.

I'm not sure when it went live for me as I've had mms since beta 2.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
@jglowe: have you tried MMS & Tethering from Cydia? I have a JB 3GS on 3.0.1 & that did it for me.

@motox: When I send MMS the status bar gets to 90% & sits for maybe 5 seconds before completing. It's most def longer than sending SMS, but not bad IMHO.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
is it just me or does it take foreeeeeeeeeeeever to send a pic message! I tought att was supposed to have this locked down for a great cust experience, hence the delay in releasing mms.

MMS isn't instant like SMS. On other phones it seems as though it goes out faster, but it's really still sending. It's almost like how Apple trick you into thinking the app loaded super fast when in all actuality, when you see the app zooming in/out to close/open, it's loading.

I've tested it out and I actually send/receive MMS faster than my BlackBerry that actually shows the message being sent out.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I've got MMS working on 3.0.1, didn't have to hose the jailbreak:)

And yea, my old SE phone took forever to send out an MMS, it actually seems kind of fast considering the network is probably being hammered today.

cspires

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i installed the new carrier, rebooted, and I have the camera logo in my text box, so i send a pic message and it goes about 90%, pauses and says "message send failure" with a red "!" Whats up with that???

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
The full name is MMS & Tethering Settings. You may need to add a new source/repository to Cydia. Check here for more.

HTH! ;)

Thanks. Installed the MMS & Tethering app. No changes in Nerwork settings. Can't configure anything like explained in sinfuliphone.com. Did reboot, reset network settings. Nothing is working here. Just getting red exclamation mark time an time again.

I hope Dev Team is close to getting a JB for 3.1! Baaaahhhh!!! Work MMS, Work damn u!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
For some reason right after I updated and rebooted my apps would not open.

They would start to open and then close abruptly. Tried turning my phone off and on.. then hard resets, still nothing. Had to do two restores to get my phone to work properly again..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox