Question re hacked AT&T 5.1 MMS

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
If I did installed the AT&T 5.1 carrier version from the MMS hack, do I need to uninstall that and revert back to original version in order for me to get the official release version?

BTW. MMS started working for me late last week on 5.1 without having to modify any settings described in the hack instructions.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanks DJBBOX,

My last backup with the old ipcc file was about 2 weeks ago when I did the hack. I have ipcc 4.0 so I think I'll wait until tomorrow night to see how things are going. If I don't get an update tomorrow I will roll back to 4.0 and then look for the official update. If it all goes wrong, I'll backup to 2 weeks ago.

There has to be others in the same boat as me. I couldn't have been the only one who applied the 5.1 ipcc through unofficial channels.

Reactions: djbbox

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
lol. no problem. i been using the mms for a week now, the only problem is that i dint work with other iphones, but today i just did a restore to keep thing fresh when the update starts just in case to keep the update process smooth.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I would restore but unfortunately I've made so many changes to the contents of my apps since two weeks ago. If I were able to backup apps independently I would do it despite having to set aside about half a day to do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711