Using iPhone camera while on lock screen

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. I just noticed that when you are recording with the 3GS and you lock the screen, it stops recording. I was watching the ad for the phone and noticed that the iPhone was "recording" the other camera moving around it. Did anyone else notice or do you guys think it was taken out?

bschroed37

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Same question

I have the same question. Is it possible to use the iPhone camera without having the main screen on?

I know this feature was possible using Cycorder (via Cydia) for those who have jailbroken phones, but Cycorder only works with iPhone 2G & 3G, not the 3GS.
:confused:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What do you think was taken out?

and, no. Without the screen on and unlocked how would you be able to use the camera?

And the ad is an ad

bschroed37

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
You can use Cycorder without having the iPhone screen ON. You simply start recording, then press the lockscreen button on top of the phone and the screen shuts off but the camera still records video. Unfortunately Cycorder does not work on the 3gs.

On the native 3gs video recorder, the camera stops recording video as soon as you press the lockscreen button and the screen turns off. Not a huge problem but the light from the iPhone screen can be distracting in some settings (plus you to worry about accidentially pressing the STOP button on the screen) so it was nice to have to option of turning the screen off while recording.

matrixlawn

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, it's a requirement to use the camera

Why are you answering? Who says its a requirement? How do you know no one has solution like 2G having video recording even Apple didn't allow it?

And John T.
I wanna record a 2h video where I can see my fishes swimming around their pool. If I keep screen ON, it requires lots of battery. My camera stays still the whole 2 hours. If my screen would be off it would save battery.

In iPhone 2g/3g it was possible to record video with Cycorder iPhone screen OFF. Now Cycorder does not work in 3GS.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why are you answering? Who says its a requirement? How do you know no one has solution like 2G having video recording even Apple didn't allow it?

And John T.
I wanna record a 2h video where I can see my fishes swimming around their pool. If I keep screen ON, it requires lots of battery. My camera stays still the whole 2 hours. If my screen would be off it would save battery.

In iPhone 2g/3g it was possible to record video with Cycorder iPhone screen OFF. Now Cycorder does not work in 3GS.

turning the screen off also disables it. this isn't app-specific, it's a core phone process. thus you can't change it with stock apps

also, notice how you mentioned a jailbreak app. the OP said nothing about jailbreaking and did not post in the jailbreak section and neither did you.

matrixlawn

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you designed video recording? Where's your information from?
So how know for sure it is hardware restricted to record video with screen off? I doubt it is.
I know you cannot do it with apple apps. I know you cannot do it currently with jailbreak app cycorder as it does not work atm.

I was referring to 2G video recording because it was possible to make a video recorder.. yes it needed jailbreaking.

My question was:
"no one has solution for recording without havin the iPhone 3GS screen ON??"
You answer with "no" as calling yourself everyone?

I didn't mention jailbreak but I just asked for a solution. I'm pretty much sure it could be done.

Someone make me custom sleep button please.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't call myself while I am on a phone call either and I can't dial a call while the screen is locked... WTH

LMFAOOO..
You know, I also can't listen to music through the speakers when the headphones are plugged in! And I can't call anyone when I don't have a SIM card in the phone! I can't even look at pictures with the screen off!

What the hell!

</sarcasm>

phoenix49

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
easy. on jailbroken iphones or ipods:
search in cydia: STEALTH CAM
:D

Have you designed video recording? Where's your information from?
So how know for sure it is hardware restricted to record video with screen off? I doubt it is.
I know you cannot do it with apple apps. I know you cannot do it currently with jailbreak app cycorder as it does not work atm.

I was referring to 2G video recording because it was possible to make a video recorder.. yes it needed jailbreaking.

My question was:
"no one has solution for recording without havin the iPhone 3GS screen ON??"
You answer with "no" as calling yourself everyone?

I didn't mention jailbreak but I just asked for a solution. I'm pretty much sure it could be done.

Someone make me custom sleep button please.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2