Hard cases Vs. Soft Cases

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at getting another phone case for my phone because the cover that I have seems to be really loose at the bottom by the home button..

I was curious as to what everyone thinks is better between a hard case or a soft case? What are the pros and cons on each? and what do you recommend..

Thanks!

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
soft as in silicone? do not ever buy a silicone
soft as in the iskin solo that jeremey sikora just reviewed? maybe

right now, i have: the incase slider, seidio innocase, incipio feather, and my speck candyshell should be coming in soon. im sure you can tell from those examples that i prefer hard cases

if you're looking for a combination of hard and soft, check out the candyshell

i forgot to answer your question..

Soft case
Pros: good protection from drops, insides of the case wont scratch the phone, provides grip, usually easy to put on
Cons: sometimes too much grip, will attract lint, the silicone may get discolored, some of them cover up the on/off and volume buttons (may be a pro to some)

Hard Case
Pros: usually thin and light, most are easy to install, some have nice rubberized coatings on the outside, easy to access the buttons
Cons: scratches the phone, may have gaps that allow dust to come in between the phone and the case, minimum drop protection (depending on the case)

im sure there are many more pros and cons, but i cant think of them right now.
you may want to check out the first two posts under the "All iPhone Accessories" section

i promise you will never find the perfect case, which is why i have 4 different kinds.
hope you find what you're looking for

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much jOn-a-Roll. I am looking for a new case because yes my silicone one is coming very loose at the bottom and im not liking it very much.

The only problem I am worried about with ordering and using a hard cover is if it will scratch my phone because I have heard because I got my phone that hard cases scratches the iphone up but if this isn't true, I'd like to know :)

thanks again!

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest the contour case , it has all the needed features . All around protection and a rubberized edge to protect from falls .

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much jOn-a-Roll. I am looking for a new case because yes my silicone one is coming very loose at the bottom and im not liking it very much.

The only problem I am worried about with ordering and using a hard cover is if it will scratch my phone because I have heard because I got my phone that hard cases scratches the iphone up but if this isn't true, I'd like to know :)

thanks again!

i have the "agent 18" case and mines does scratch the phone

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest the contour case , it has all the needed features . All around protection and a rubberized edge to protect from falls .

hey the contour you are talking about... is that the name of the brand or the name of the case itself?

I did a search and came up with the Contour Showcase
it looks nice, wish there was a picture of the back with a black iphone inside
im interested

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro