Auto-correct and emoticons

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Okay, I did a search but didn't really find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I want to know why when I use one of the emoticons and go back to the
keyboard does auto-correct disable for a few minutes? I know the emoticons
are basically the Japanese keyboard but when I revert back to the letters it's
the English keyboard again. Why does it disable for a few minutes? :confused:

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
being that emoticons were not designed to be used with anything but the Japanese language, I would not be surprised that the iPhone doesn't know which language it is in... I don't think it was designed to type half a sentence in one language and the other half in another...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
being that emoticons were not designed to be used with anything but the Japanese language, I would not be surprised that the iPhone doesn't know which language it is in... I don't think it was designed to type half a sentence in one language and the other half in another...

In the same text understandable. But of the keyboard isn't being utilized for a while it's the same thing...

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If I had to guess, I would say the iPhone would not change spell check till the end of at least sentence... This would be by design incase for example you typed " I experience deja vu last night... being deja vu is not a english word the iPhone would not understand deja vu but it would understand the sentence as a whole in English just not being able to recognize that one word... Tough to describe but are you picking up what Im putting down?