Pardon my ignorance, but what do you gain from weekly reboots? I've turned my phone off once in the four months I've had it, to install the MMS. What am I missing out on?
    10-30-2009 09:12 PM
    I'm new ti iPhone, former BB user, and I only switch mine off if something isn't loading right or lagging. I was having some issues with signal last week and At&t tech support advised me that I should turn it off and back on once a day. Has anyone else ever heard this?
    10-31-2009 10:34 AM
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you gain from weekly reboots? I've turned my phone off once in the four months I've had it, to install the MMS. What am I missing out on?
    If it's not broke, don't fix it. If you have no issues without rebooting the device, don't worry about rebooting it. Every once in a while I will reboot mine is I experience any lag in a application but with the 3GS that is pretty rare.
    10-31-2009 10:36 AM
    i have i think only 2 phone i have ever turned off.

one was the startac analog, which certain places they made you turn it off.
    second phone was the brick from nextel since you could not turn the 2 way off, and it never shut up.

btw, reboots i do not consider turning a phone off. its a reboot.
    Last edited by wabbit; 11-01-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    11-01-2009 09:49 AM
    I hardly ever turn off my iPhone. Only to reboot after a jailbreak or something of the sort. Or if it's dying and I am somewhere I can't charge it and need to preserve a bit of battery life.
    11-01-2009 09:46 PM
    I only turn off/reboot my phone when I am noticing things get slow.
    11-01-2009 09:56 PM
    I probably only turn mine off about once a week. Mainly just to free memory up.
    11-02-2009 12:29 PM
    It turns off?
    11-02-2009 06:11 PM
    I'm new ti iPhone, former BB user, and I only switch mine off if something isn't loading right or lagging. I was having some issues with signal last week and At&t tech support advised me that I should turn it off and back on once a day. Has anyone else ever heard this?
    it doesnt hurt to turn it off once a day...
    11-02-2009 06:53 PM
    I restart on occasion depending on how many apps I've installed/removed from Cydia. Other than that it's never been off.
    11-04-2009 06:26 PM
    It turns off?
    @TerryB you can hold down the top button for a few seconds to get a command to shut down.

I use SBSettings a lot and this system comes with a quick reboot icon.

The basic method will need a second push of the top button restart.
    11-04-2009 08:47 PM
    @TerryB you can hold down the top button for a few seconds to get a command to shut down.

I use SBSettings a lot and this system comes with a quick reboot icon.

The basic method will need a second push of the top button restart.
    i think ' TerryB ' was being sarcastic...in a friendly way of course lol
    11-05-2009 12:24 AM
    I probably reboot it about once a day to clear memory and whatnot, but I cannot remember a time in the last years and a half or so that my iPhone has been off for more than a few seconds. Yesterday my battery died in my hand as I was picking up my charger with my other hand. Talk about a close call... haha
    11-05-2009 12:15 PM
    I reboot mine everyday but I never actually leave it shut off for more than one minute. The old fashioned days when we would turn our cell phones off when we went to bed and turn them back on in the morning... maybe I should consider that. That's why those old Nokia's lasted so long haha
    11-05-2009 02:30 PM
    it's funny I actually turned it off the other day instead of just muting and i was trying for a minute to get it out of standby before I remembered and had to wait for it to turn on..

Not doing that anymore.
    11-06-2009 04:07 AM
    i think ' TerryB ' was being sarcastic...in a friendly way of course lol
    Sometimes it's hard to tell...lol
    11-06-2009 11:36 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD