I'm not seeing anyone that use Yahoo! calendars (except myself). Am I living in the Stone Age? Looks like I need to get on the Google Bus and drop Yahoo!. What does everyone think?
    09-22-2009 01:48 PM
    i have a yahoo acct, but it doesnt offer near the options as gmail. but i still keep it around as a backup!
    09-22-2009 02:23 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to Gmail but all of the usernames I would like are taken. I want only first name and last name...I tried several variations and I don't want any numbers in my username. What to do....what to do?
    09-22-2009 04:17 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to Gmail but all of the usernames I would like are taken. I want only first name and last name...I tried several variations and I don't want any numbers in my username. What to do....what to do?
    You could do FirstLastName.iPhone@gmail.com thats what mine is....
    09-22-2009 04:19 PM
    You could do FirstLastName.iPhone@gmail.com thats what mine is....
    Hey I like that! I think I will give that a try.
    09-22-2009 04:38 PM
    I just can't bring myself to use Yahoo. The sheer volume of spam is scary. GMail I say, and even more so now that Google Sync for GMail has been released for the iPhone...

Nice job Google; we waited, and you delivered...
    09-22-2009 07:42 PM
    Hey I like that! I think I will give that a try.
    Cool... Glad I could help.
    09-22-2009 07:43 PM
    I still use Yahoo as my primary email. It's the email address everyone knows.

I do have a gmail account, but since I use exchange for my work email, I can't use Gmail push.

Chris
    09-23-2009 12:08 AM
    I'm loving this gmail push. It works great. I was going to purchase MobileMe. Now I don't have to.
    09-23-2009 02:33 AM
    I started with Yahoo back in 1997, but started getting GMail addresses when that became and now use GMail for personal use (I was able to secure the 2-3 names I wanted on GMail). I now forward all of my Yahoo/ATT address to my primary GMail account, so even if someone still emails me on my old Yahoo address, I respond via GMail.
    10-01-2009 12:29 PM
    I am a Yahoo mail user. I have secured the Gmail addresses I want and I have the iPhone check them also. I pay the $20/year for POP mail forwarding in Yahoo. This keeps me from having to look at ads as much. I really like Yahoo mail.
    10-03-2009 01:04 PM
    I use Gmail but I still have my yahoo ha
    10-03-2009 01:28 PM
    Ya-who? Only use my Yahoo account for fantasy football.
    10-03-2009 05:52 PM
    I actually prefer yahoo to my gmail account. IMO, it's easier to use because the format is strange to me in how you can read and search for emails. I also get way more spam in the bulk folder of my gmail than than my yahoo account, and I find yahoo is pretty good at filtering out spam too, so I don't really see why people like gmail so much.
    10-03-2009 07:17 PM
    I continue to use my Yahoo mail address simply because I absolutely loathe the GMail interface. I've never managed to adapt to it. It really doesn't make much of a difference though since both Yahoo and GMail are COMPLETELY inept when it comes to syncing data to their systems. Yahoo insists on putting crappy third party access fluff apps in place rather than work on basic syncing functionality that could cement the users in place. Google is a little better, but you still need third party software to get decent three-way (Computer - GMail - iPhone) syncing.

Here's my working "Solution":
    Yahoo:
    - Mail: Syncs to iPhone painlessly.
    - Calendar: Can now sync to iPhone wirelessly, but has ZERO Outlook sync unless you do a manual import/export. (idiots)
    - Contacts: Waste of time.

GMail:
    - Mail: Syncs to iPhone painlessly.
    - Calendar: Syncs to Outlook using either the Google Sync or (my preferred option) OggSync. Calendar synce to iPhone almost flawlessly.
    - Contacts: Using OggSync it's almost painless.

Tasks: Neither knows how to do this.
    Notes: yeah right.
    10-04-2009 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD