My phone. Once or twice a day has to be restarted or it won't make a phone call. I still get reception, but when I try to make a call, it just sits in the call screen. The only wayto fix this problem is restarting the phone. Does anyone have a similar problem, or an answer to my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Also. I am not sure if I get phone calls when this is happening, I'm fairly certain I don't though.
    09-21-2009 11:54 PM
    Is the phone jailbroken? What OS are you using? What iPhone are you using (1st gen, 3G, or 3GS)?

The answers can help to possibly solve the problem.
    09-22-2009 12:42 AM
    It sounds as if a restore as new is in order. Not from a backup and then just resync all your contacts/mail and media.
    09-22-2009 01:23 AM
    It has nothing to do with JB, jailbroken phones are far more stable than stock phones on 3.1

Apple has not announced a fix yet for this problem and others affecting those that upgraded to 3.1
    09-22-2009 06:08 AM
    I had this happen to me for the first time yesterday , the phone just would come out of the dial screen .
    09-22-2009 08:40 AM
    Gandy,

This has been happening to me as well. I just posted something on general blog. But just as you described, I cannot place a call sometimes without have to restart the phone. It will sit there for 5+ minutes without doing anything. I guess it's started more since updateing to 3.1, but it happened for me a few times before. I have a 16GB 3GS running 3.1 non-jailbroken. Also, it seems to happen more in the morning after the phone has sat all night long. But the only way to fix it is with a restart.

So does everyone think it's a bug and there's a fix pending hopefully or something more? Thanks.
    09-22-2009 03:56 PM
    I have a 32GB 3gs running 3.1
    I used to have my phone jailbroken but then i unjailbroke it(for the lack of a better term)
    but for example, some effects are still in tact, like i changed the name of my carrier on the jailbroken phone, and now that it's not jailbroken, it still has the same carrier name I used while it was jailbroken.
    Is there a way to completely remove the jailbreak?
    How do I restore w/o backing up?
    thanks for the responses guys.
    I have class now, I will check back in a but to see if i have any responses.
    09-22-2009 07:25 PM
    JB or NO JB I agree. has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT,,,There are problems with both. That's the nature of the BEAST. NEW UPGRADE... NEW ISSUES. NEW JB FILES...NEW ISSUES...it"s a "LEARNING" issue. IGoSlo
    09-23-2009 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD