3.1 Annoying Bug/Problem. Help!

saambarati

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
My phone. Once or twice a day has to be restarted or it won't make a phone call. I still get reception, but when I try to make a call, it just sits in the call screen. The only wayto fix this problem is restarting the phone. Does anyone have a similar problem, or an answer to my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Also. I am not sure if I get phone calls when this is happening, I'm fairly certain I don't though.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone jailbroken? What OS are you using? What iPhone are you using (1st gen, 3G, or 3GS)?

The answers can help to possibly solve the problem.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It sounds as if a restore as new is in order. Not from a backup and then just resync all your contacts/mail and media.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It has nothing to do with JB, jailbroken phones are far more stable than stock phones on 3.1

Apple has not announced a fix yet for this problem and others affecting those that upgraded to 3.1

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Gandy,

This has been happening to me as well. I just posted something on general blog. But just as you described, I cannot place a call sometimes without have to restart the phone. It will sit there for 5+ minutes without doing anything. I guess it's started more since updateing to 3.1, but it happened for me a few times before. I have a 16GB 3GS running 3.1 non-jailbroken. Also, it seems to happen more in the morning after the phone has sat all night long. But the only way to fix it is with a restart.

So does everyone think it's a bug and there's a fix pending hopefully or something more? Thanks.

saambarati

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a 32GB 3gs running 3.1
I used to have my phone jailbroken but then i unjailbroke it(for the lack of a better term)
but for example, some effects are still in tact, like i changed the name of my carrier on the jailbroken phone, and now that it's not jailbroken, it still has the same carrier name I used while it was jailbroken.
Is there a way to completely remove the jailbreak?
How do I restore w/o backing up?
thanks for the responses guys.
I have class now, I will check back in a but to see if i have any responses.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
JB or NO JB I agree. has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT,,,There are problems with both. That's the nature of the BEAST. NEW UPGRADE... NEW ISSUES. NEW JB FILES...NEW ISSUES...it"s a "LEARNING" issue. IGoSlo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner