Well when I look at album view on my iphone's ipod I see a bunch of the same albums for one cd. For instance I have a bunch of songs with the artists names and under the "Rock" name for the album, but it is showing 1 album for each song......anyone else have this problem? Basically I have one album for every song for my downloaded song, how do I fix this? Someone please help!
    09-21-2009 12:15 PM
    does the metadata on every song have the album name entered exactly the same?
    09-21-2009 12:50 PM
    does the metadata on every song have the album name entered exactly the same?
    Not sure what you mean by metadata? But every album name in itunes is spelled the same.......any other suggestions or am i missing something?
    09-21-2009 01:02 PM
    By any chance are the tracks by different artists? If so, do the following:

Select all of the tracks on the album, Right Click (CTRL-Click on a Mac?) and select Get Info. Answer Yes if prompted to edit multiple items. Select the Options tab and set Part of a compilation to Yes.
    09-21-2009 01:37 PM
    I hate when this happens , like Flyingember said , the data between the songs isnt the same . You can clear the data from all the songs then select all the songs and put the same new info in for all the selected songs .
    09-21-2009 01:49 PM
    I hate when this happens , like Flyingember said , the data between the songs isnt the same . You can clear the data from all the songs then select all the songs and put the same new info in for all the selected songs .
    So how do I do that?
    09-21-2009 01:53 PM
    So how do I do that?
    Follow the steps I posted above to get to the edit screen. You'll understand it once you see it.
    09-21-2009 01:58 PM
    By any chance are the tracks by different artists? If so, do the following:

Select all of the tracks on the album, Right Click (CTRL-Click on a Mac?) and select Get Info. Answer Yes if prompted to edit multiple items. Select the Options tab and set Part of a compilation to Yes.
    Yeh i'll say in my country "album" have kenny chesney, garth brooks, etc etc........I'll try your suggestion tonight.......anyone else with some ideas?
    09-21-2009 01:58 PM
    Ok so I did what was described, and I am still showing about 6 albums for my "New" album, am I missing something with these particular 6? It worked on most of these just not these 6.......someone guide me the rest of the way...~chris
    09-21-2009 03:39 PM
    Anyone else with some suggestions on how to fix the last 7 songs? I did the "compilation" thing, and that worked for 40 of the songs, but what about the last 7 am i missing something?
    09-21-2009 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD