View Poll Results: Swear Words aren't in auto-correct

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Furious/ spend allot of time doing things over.

1 2.38%
  • Angry at apple for not putting these words into the auto-correct.

5 11.90%
  • Upset a little nothing to bad.

12 28.57%
  • Meh whatever I don't curse anyway.

24 57.14%
    The Iphone has presented its-self as an all around smartphone, but one thing that I know pisses everyone off is that swear words aren't in the dictionary. Making words like hell correct to he'll and ect. This phone is mainly for adults and it is by time apple started to treat us like adults.
    Last edited by Live_Free; 09-19-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    09-19-2009 01:54 PM
    Go into notes and type them a few times canceling the word that gets suggested. The words will be added to the dictionary. Then you don't have to worry about it replacing F*** with Duck and other such silly things.
    09-19-2009 02:06 PM
    im able to type a message without paper, without wires, and send it through the air to someone in a matter of seconds. i dont have to get up and take them a message or even call them, im not going to complain about having to check and see if im cussing or yelling about a duck in he'll. seems your reaching for something to complain about with this poll
    09-19-2009 02:09 PM
    Much ado about nothing.
    09-19-2009 02:23 PM
    It is what it is.......just type them a few times in the search part of the Safari web browser and you are good to go.
    09-19-2009 03:56 PM
    Here's a better idea: just turn auto-correction off!
    09-19-2009 05:29 PM
    Here's a better idea: just turn auto-correction off!
    BINGO!!

The first thing I do is turn off auto-correction. If you're sending text messages it's probably to someone you know so if there's a spelling mistake they can prob understand what you're saying anyway and if not they'll just ask. If you're posting online, sending an email you should re-read before you send for grammer and spelling anyway it doesn't take that long. I think everyone is so dependent on spellcheck now. I've seen articles in the newspaper, magazines, online, etc. and you can always tell when the person used spellcheck because they meant to spell thorough but got through instead or mis-spelt threw and got throw, which is not the past tense. LOL I bet a quick read would have caugth it especially when it's a big publication.
    09-20-2009 10:29 AM
    Potty mouth!....hehe!
    09-20-2009 10:38 AM
    Uh...psst!...ieuphuria!...reread your post. 
    09-20-2009 12:13 PM
    im able to type a message without paper, without wires, and send it through the air to someone in a matter of seconds. i dont have to get up and take them a message or even call them, im not going to complain about having to check and see if im cussing or yelling about a duck in he'll. seems your reaching for something to complain about with this poll
    I agree with you
    09-20-2009 05:27 PM
    If this tiny thing is the only thing you have find bothersome about with the iphone, I envy you.
    09-20-2009 08:25 PM
    It took awhile but now it doesn't auto-correct any more , I just had to cancel a few times . But I do understand why they did it , silly apple just trying to make more money.
    09-20-2009 08:25 PM
    I dont cuss much but it is annoying when i try to text in tagalish.
    09-20-2009 11:53 PM
    If this is your biggest concern with the iPhone then the iPhone is heads and shoulders above the rest of the phones out there
    09-21-2009 02:06 AM
    My biggest problem is I am concerned that the Apple logo on the back isn't big enough... just kidding

Being that the phone will learn new words after what 3 attempts, how is this even a issue?
    09-21-2009 04:55 AM
    My biggest problem is I am concerned that the Apple logo on the back isn't big enough... just kidding

Being that the phone will learn new words after what 3 attempts, how is this even a issue?
    Some people are bored and need something to complain about.
    09-21-2009 12:17 PM
    Some people are bored and need something to complain about.
    X2
    Are people that immature ??? Guess so
    09-21-2009 12:34 PM
    I don't use curse words so this topic has no relevance to me. BUT- I do have a question. In the last option 'Meh whatever I don't curse anyway' what does the word 'Meh' mean? I see that quite often in internet postings, and am unfamiliar with it.

Bad
    09-21-2009 02:10 PM
    I wish they would put the words in the auto-correct.

But at the same time I definitely understand why they don't have it working like that.
    09-22-2009 09:11 PM
    I don't use curse words so this topic has no relevance to me. BUT- I do have a question. In the last option 'Meh whatever I don't curse anyway' what does the word 'Meh' mean? I see that quite often in internet postings, and am unfamiliar with it.

Bad
    meh - Wiktionary

google is your friend.
    09-22-2009 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD