Omg Apple Get It Together

Swear Words aren't in auto-correct

• Furious/ spend allot of time doing things over.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Angry at apple for not putting these words into the auto-correct.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Upset a little nothing to bad.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Meh whatever I don't curse anyway.

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters

The_strain

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
The Iphone has presented its-self as an all around smartphone, but one thing that I know pisses everyone off is that swear words aren't in the dictionary. Making words like hell correct to he'll and ect. This phone is mainly for adults and it is by time apple started to treat us like adults.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Go into notes and type them a few times canceling the word that gets suggested. The words will be added to the dictionary. Then you don't have to worry about it replacing F*** with Duck and other such silly things.

psyko825#IM

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
im able to type a message without paper, without wires, and send it through the air to someone in a matter of seconds. i dont have to get up and take them a message or even call them, im not going to complain about having to check and see if im cussing or yelling about a duck in he'll. seems your reaching for something to complain about with this poll

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
It is what it is.......just type them a few times in the search part of the Safari web browser and you are good to go.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's a better idea: just turn auto-correction off! :D

BINGO!!

The first thing I do is turn off auto-correction. If you're sending text messages it's probably to someone you know so if there's a spelling mistake they can prob understand what you're saying anyway and if not they'll just ask. If you're posting online, sending an email you should re-read before you send for grammer and spelling anyway it doesn't take that long. I think everyone is so dependent on spellcheck now. I've seen articles in the newspaper, magazines, online, etc. and you can always tell when the person used spellcheck because they meant to spell thorough but got through instead or mis-spelt threw and got throw, which is not the past tense. LOL I bet a quick read would have caugth it especially when it's a big publication.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
im able to type a message without paper, without wires, and send it through the air to someone in a matter of seconds. i dont have to get up and take them a message or even call them, im not going to complain about having to check and see if im cussing or yelling about a duck in he'll. seems your reaching for something to complain about with this poll

I agree with you

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
It took awhile but now it doesn't auto-correct any more , I just had to cancel a few times . But I do understand why they did it , silly apple just trying to make more money.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If this is your biggest concern with the iPhone then the iPhone is heads and shoulders above the rest of the phones out there

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
My biggest problem is I am concerned that the Apple logo on the back isn't big enough... just kidding

Being that the phone will learn new words after what 3 attempts, how is this even a issue?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
My biggest problem is I am concerned that the Apple logo on the back isn't big enough... just kidding

Being that the phone will learn new words after what 3 attempts, how is this even a issue?

Some people are bored and need something to complain about.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't use curse words so this topic has no relevance to me. BUT- I do have a question. In the last option 'Meh whatever I don't curse anyway' what does the word 'Meh' mean? I see that quite often in internet postings, and am unfamiliar with it.

Bad

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I wish they would put the words in the auto-correct.

But at the same time I definitely understand why they don't have it working like that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711