Hey there ever one out there PLEASE HELP

OK iam a very newbe I have a phone that my son jailbroken and unlocked. worked great for weeks and then i got a willed hair to have voice mail . so call my att company and they said to dail the *#06# and gave them a really long # come to find out that it was my IME # to my phone. so needless to say now my phone is all messed up they said i need a data plain i said ill just use a diffrent phone they said ok... then i noticed that i was getting internet evry were. so i went down to th att store and asked the to check if i had data plain on my account they said i did the lady on the phone hooked up after i was done talking to her.i told them to unhook the data plain the said ok. so i thought it would go back to normal NOT

problems iam having

1 iam not reciving text phone call most of the time

2 i cant call or send text some times

when this is happening i notice that the letter E is showing up in the corner next to the bars . if the E isent ther i can recive calles and text but that never late long .

ive but the sim card from my kids phone it works fine

i went down and got a new sim card for a nokia phone and tried that in the i phone same thing . when i try the sim card in my kids iphone it does the same thing but if i put her sim card in my iphone it works fine.

WHAT DO I DO ????? IS IT MY PHONE ### SOME PLEASE HELP
    09-19-2009 03:34 AM
    The E stands for Edge Network, which is AT&T's lower internet speed... Sorry I could not read the rest of your post due to the poor english, please retype your message and I would love to try to help you out...
    09-19-2009 04:12 AM
    thanks, and my english does suck.sorry

1.. i have a iphone that is jailbroken and unlocked 2g
    2...the phone has worked for over a month with out a data plain
    3..i called to get voice mail hooked up and they ended up with my IME # for my phone and told me that it was a i phone and i have to have a data plain. i said i dont want to pay ill use a diffrent phone.
    4... the phone hasent work correctly sence that E comes up and i cant get texts and call .
    5...the message i get is could not actiate you are not subcribed to celluer network.
    6.. i went and got a neww sim card at att and still the same thing.. HELP
    7... i can use any of my faimlys sim cards in my i phone and it works correctly
    8.. what did att do to the iphone or ## what do i do
    9.. hope you can help
    09-19-2009 07:40 AM
    You must have the data plan with the iPhone. At&t can see what phone your using and if you have the data plan or not.
    09-19-2009 07:44 AM
    If you have an iPhone with ATT, they require you to have a data plan. If you don't have one, they will add one (and, of course, bill you). Your new SIM card has to be activated through iTunes to work in your iPhone, but then they'll know that you are using an iPhone again.
    09-19-2009 07:51 AM
    if you have a unlocked and jailbroken iphone it you dont need the data plain. and my phone is unlocked and jailbroken and i can use my kids sim card and the phone works fine?
    09-19-2009 09:24 AM
    if you have a unlocked and jailbroken iphone it you dont need the data plain. and my phone is unlocked and jailbroken and i can use my kids sim card and the phone works fine?
    No... Unlocked means you can use it with another carrier for example T-Mobile. You need the data plan... And it works with other sim cards because it did not show up your have a iPhone on at&t's side yet. You will get charged for data eventually.
    09-19-2009 09:37 AM
    You are trying to circumvent the sytem so of course you will have problems. If you like the iPhone and want to use all of it's features then get the data plan. It is required by AT&T and Apple.
    09-19-2009 01:37 PM
    It sounds to me like your son did NOT explain your JB'en Iphone to you very well. When one is useing a JB IPhone you are basicly operating an "Illegal" Device. There are ways you can get the apps you desire by NOT using ITunes and the Apps store. I suggest you contact your son the next time you desire to have a new service on your IPhone. Better yet if you like the IPhone...have your son unJB it and purchase what you like from Apple on ITunes and the Apps store. Either way, Like everyone else is stateing you WILL NEED a data plan for your IPhone. HAWD/MGBU,IGoSlo
    09-21-2009 03:47 PM
    The E stands for Edge network which is the internet. Edge network is what the 2G uses but the problem with Edge service is you can not do voice and data at the same time. So if you phone is doing something with the internet (could be a jailbreak side effect) a voice call will not come through...
    09-21-2009 08:37 PM
    So from what everyone has said here are your options. The phone is JB and Unlocked so if there is a carrier that wont require you to have a data plan then you can get an account with them and get SBSettings to turn off the Edge network so that you can only get data through Wifi. However no matter where you go they will be able to tell you are on an Iphone so if they require you to have a data plan then you have two choices either get the data plan or sell the phone. It's alot different here in Canada so you could move
    09-21-2009 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD