syncing iphone with new computer???

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
If your songs were purchased through iTunes, just authorize your account on that computer and all songs and apps will be added to the new computer.

If you got the songs some other way, you have to get them onto the new computer. There's third party pay apps that will let you transfer them from your iPhone to the computer for around $30. Otherwise, you have to rip your CDs again...or however you got them on the other computer in the first place.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
You can copy the itunes folder from your old computer and paste it to the new one (obviously you have to download itunes first). I just purchased a new mac and did this and now I have all my music, apps, etc... on both.

msmithphoto

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with syncing my phone to a new computer. The music I can put on no problem, but my issue is with my contacts. I only have the contacts on the phone (and the old computer, but its been dismantled), so if I hit 'sync contacts' on itunes on the new computer, will it update whats on the phone to the new computer or will it just erase everything on the phone (because there's nothing on the computer!)?

Also, I went to itunes and re-downloaded any apps I had bought, which is fine, but now if I sync them to the phone will it replace the information IN the apps? Such as a note taking app that I have, will all the notes still be there once I sync with the app on the new computer?

Thanks for the info! I know this is an old post, but when I googled my problem its the main thing that comes up! So I hope you guys are still able to help me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234