connect iPhone to TV

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
is there a cable anyone can recommend for connecting my iPhone to my TV? i have seen a few online, but am skeptical as to how they will work. i assume it's not HDMI, so i'll have to settle for S-video or the likes. any suggestions? thanks

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Griffin also makes the same cable. It's good quality if you have a high res video. The movies from iTunes look great. I don't think they make an S-vid version though. It's just your typical RCA cable.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered an "original Apple component AV cable" for $24 (shipping incl) from www.cellphoneshop, includes USB line but no wall connector. I'll let you know how it works once it comes in.

I just received it and it works like a charm. I does NOT include a wall adapter, but not a problem as I have an extra. Free shipping was for a $30 purchase, so I picked up a car charger for $7 (haven't tried this yet). They originally charged the $4.99 shipping, but refunded within minutes of my email. 7-wire AV line and 6-in-1 car charger for $31... I'm happy.

db7472

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the component

video out cable and have found it works well. It's also nice in that it is a charger (in addition), and as such, it comes with a tip which lets you plug the usb cable "prong" into a wall outlet. It's nice to have that extra tip in case you lose the original which came with the iPhone. Also, considering the life of the iPhone battery, the ability to charge at the same time becomes essential for watching movies or even hour-long shows.

I just received it and it works like a charm. I does NOT include a wall adapter, but not a problem as I have an extra. Free shipping was for a $30 purchase, so I picked up a car charger for $7 (haven't tried this yet). They originally charged the $4.99 shipping, but refunded within minutes of my email. 7-wire AV line and 6-in-1 car charger for $31... I'm happy.

brewers80

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a 30-Pin iPhone to HDMI with USB(for charging) cable. I can only seem to find the composite/s-video or the Apple Component AV cable. Does Apple make one of these or any other manufacturer? I guess the Component one would work, but HDMI would be so much easier for hook-up in hotel and conference rooms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh