Pics not appearing in camera roll

mdwdirect

May 7, 2009
Visit site
My wife has a new 3GS running 3.0.1

When she synced and updated from 3.0 to 3.0.1 the following issue appeared: Under "Photo Albums" the Camera Roll shows a thumbnail of the most recent picture taken on the left and the current picture count on the right. However, once "Camera Roll" is selected the screen reads "No Photos or Videos" and underneath that, "You can take photos or videos using the camera".

I've searched the forum for similar issues and it appears that a "Restore as a new iPhone" is the suggested remedy. What happens to the photos already on her phone? And I just had to do the "new iphone" thing after a warranty replace--it was a 2-3 hour process.

This is a $600 smartphone. Is it really supposed to be so difficult?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Wait! Did you say she took some pics and then connected it to the computer? I know on a mac it will automatically download the photos to the computer. To get them back on the phone you have to sync them thru iTunes. I hope it's as simple as that.

You paid 600? Are you not on AT&T? If your jailbroken then it could be a whole other set of problems!

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok before you restore "as new iPhone" I would suggest that you try and do a soft restart. This can be done by holding down the sleep/wake button and home button for about 10 seconds, once it reboots try and see if you have any luck. Another suggestion is that you can try and restore from your last back up, but when you go to do this be sure that iTunes doesn't automatically back up you will have to cancel the sync. If you are paying 600 dollars for the phone then your leaving me to believe that you didn't buy it from ATT, unless you bought it off ebay or something like that but If you do have it jailbroken or unlocked than I have many solutions that could help you. If none of my suggestions I just listed work then feel free to PM me and I will give you a list of steps on how to fix minor problems like this.

-Bradley

mdwdirect

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, pay attention while I explain it again...
As soon as she updated to 3.0.1 her camera roll stopped displaying her photos. She can take pictures fine. The most recent pic is shown as a thumbnail at the bottom left just like normal. Her picture count is accurate also. It increases with every new pic taken.

The problem is that while the thumbnail is displayed and the count shows content, once the camera roll is opened there are no photos to display. It says there is nothing to display, that photos can be taken using the camera function. (not exact quote)

Her 3GS isn't jailbroken and she has a PC.

I didn't say I paid $600. I said it is a $600 phone because to buy one flat out it will cost that much.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Plug the phone into the PC, cancel the sync and go to my computer and open the icon for the iPhone. You should be able to browse the folders to find the pictures on the camera. If not, there are plenty of apps on the internet for syncing media from the iPhone to the PC without iTunes.

After you transfer the photos and data from the phone, you can do a restore as new from iTunes which should clear up the issue. I am not going to stake the farm on it, as anything can happen during a restore or upgrade, from the user side as well as the computer or software involved.

As for the flash of attitude it appeared you showed, that was rather uncalled for. Most, or all of us, on this forum responding to your posts have the same $600 phones, or more than one and have had some issues with them. We understand that you are concerned with the functionality of your device, as well as are we when things like this happen. Sometimes, we have to ask questions that may appear to be belittling or rude, but sometimes those questions have to be asked to narrow down the issue. It can be a setting that needs to be changed, or a whole new device, it all depends. When someone calls IT support and tells them that their computer does not start, the first question IT asks is obviously, "Is it plugged in?, or is the power turned on?" They are not meant to be insulting or rude, just the first step in troubleshooting.

Some of the people on this forum are very knowledgeable with the iPhone, all of the OS's and every iteration of the iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as jailbreaking and everything that goes along with that. We are glad you asked for our help, as some people will just continue to have a problem without researching it and get more and more frustrated until they have a complete meltdown.

Also, remember, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

mdwdirect

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Jevangil,

Thanks for the considerate response. I must say, however, that I don't see any reason for the "attitude" comment. I've reread my original and follow up posts and the posts of yourself and the other users and I'm not seeing it. My first post detailed my issue very specifically. Several users posted comments but they commented on things that I didn't even have in my description. Therefore my follow up post said to pay attention to my explanation.

How can another user offer me solutions if they haven't bothered to thoroughly read what I've taken the time to describe in detail? Personally I think that you should not respond to another users question unless you KNOW the answer. That would be really helpful, and indeed is the only reason I'm visiting this website.

Now this one has some attitude in it and I recognize it. If I offend please accept my apology as it's not my intent.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Oh! Well I guess that since you have re-read your own post and still don't see your attitude, then it simply does not exist? It seems that you can't see it but others do so in the future, try and be more gracious of someone taking time to try and understand your problem ( free of charge)

I read your first post over several times and needed some clarification.

Now after reading your subsequent posts I am no longer willing to try and understand your situation. Good luck perhaps someone else will be willing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73