ok so i dl the new 3.1 and no mms functionality. i know its not available until the 25th but shouldnt the functionality of it be there? if not how do i get it thanks in advance. im a noob.
    09-10-2009 03:24 PM
    No, you need an updated carrier file, which AT&T should push out over the air on the 25th
    09-10-2009 03:36 PM
    or you can dl the v5.0 carrier file and install then reboot, i have MMS working now on 3.1...

Google it...
    09-10-2009 03:38 PM
    I have the camera icon in messaging on 3.0? I don't use MMS so I have never tried it and never will but just wondering what the diff is?
    09-10-2009 04:15 PM
    I have the camera icon in messaging on 3.0? I don't use MMS so I have never tried it and never will but just wondering what the diff is?
    It's not possible for you to have the camera icon unless you have installed an ipcc carrier file manually.
    09-10-2009 04:22 PM
    It's not possible for you to have the camera icon unless you have installed an ipcc carrier file manually.
    Sure it is, he's in Canada...
    09-10-2009 04:23 PM
    Sure it is, he's in Canada...

Ally needs to learn to read today. Sorry. :o
    09-10-2009 04:50 PM
    ok i did the google thing and when i do the shift restore it wont give me the option to change to carrier file. only the ipsw so go figure. also the ipcc file is a zip file and when i unzip its two different folders mac and payload. can u help me? if not i understand. ill just have to wait i guess. mms has been available in certain areas if u have the capability on your phone and i dont want to jailbreak right now either. so if u can help great if not thanks anyway.
    09-10-2009 07:20 PM
    ok i did the google thing and when i do the shift restore it wont give me the option to change to carrier file. only the ipsw so go figure. also the ipcc file is a zip file and when i unzip its two different folders mac and payload. can u help me? if not i understand. ill just have to wait i guess. mms has been available in certain areas if u have the capability on your phone and i dont want to jailbreak right now either. so if u can help great if not thanks anyway.
    Well, first off, I'm assuming you're using a PC since you said shift+click

First off, the zip you are downloading, just rename it to .ipcc - as far as I know that's what people have been doing.

Then do this...

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows - open up a command shell and type in:

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

That command will then allow you to select the ipcc when pressing shift click

Hope this helps...
    09-10-2009 07:23 PM
    Me being somewhat technologically challenged, is it worth going through all of this for mms, or should o just wait (and hope) for the upgrade on the 25th?
    09-11-2009 12:31 AM
    Me being somewhat technologically challenged, is it worth going through all of this for mms, or should o just wait (and hope) for the upgrade on the 25th?
    I'd just wait....that's what I'm doing, and I'm not really "challenged" haha

I just know that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's a pain.

There'll be an update on the 25th. AT&T can't afford any more bad PR, lol
    09-11-2009 12:33 AM
    cool now i have mms. it worked when i sent a mms. took about a min but it freggen worked wow.Thanks was also able to recieve. peace
    09-11-2009 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD