List of iPhone 3.1 issues.

johaen8

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
*My* list of iPhone 3.1 issues. *Updated.*

So I've noticed a few things going wrong with the new 3.1 update. And since some people prefer to think as some of them as enhancements, I've renamed the title to be my list of issues. :) Here's a list:

1. Oddly quiet "ticks" when using the keyboard.
2. Weird results when using Spotlight search. For example, I search for "Net"; my only result should be NetNewsWire. But for some reason, it's also returning FlyCast. (See attached screenshot)
3. In iTunes, I attempted to move an app from my last page (page 9) to another page (page 5). This new page is completely full of apps. Rather than forcing every last app on each page to the next page, as it does on the iPhone, it just forced the last app on that page onto a brand new page all by itself (it's own page 6), and move all the following pages down (page 6 became page 7, 7 became 8, etc.) Completely useless for my needs.
4. Auto-brightness no longer works. It's always at the same brightness: blinding at night, and sometimes a little dim during the day.

***Update***
5. I am getting the same unresponsive iPhone problem as other people. On the apple forums it's called "coma". Basically, when the phone is asleep and you hit the Home button, nothing happens. The phone doesn't vibrate when you use the Silent switch. I have to do a hard reset in order for it to come back.

That's the issues I've had so far. Anyone verify my findings, or have any of their own?

Last edited:

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem with the syncing itunes 9 does not allow you to manually manage music and have the Genius Mixes on the iphone

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
i noticed the quieter 'ticks' when typing, but i'd hardly call it an issue. in fact, when i was jailbroken i had changed to a quieter tick because it was previously way to loud for my tastes~!

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I noticed the oddly quit ticks. I'm not a fan but my gf is happy she hated the ticking because I have more friends than her :p

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the quieter ticks are better , but I think it was intentional.

The Genius mixs makes sense , you would have all the songs from the mixes on the Iphone for the Genius mix to work and if you dont sync some of the songs it wont . And you now how apple like to control things .

What I noticed was a mix up in my mobile me calenders , after a quick on/off it reset itself but it was annoying .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah some of the OP things seem to be enhancements not issues, taking issues to mean things working how they weren't meant to. I would also love the quieter ticks, when typing at work it feels like the noise is amplified just because I know others are around and can hear it. I also hate being on the receiving end when I'm talking to my GF and she's typing a text that $#!t is so annoying. I remember noticing the genius mix thing ever since it was first introduced that turning it on made you unable to manually control which music was synced. I think like the previous poster said it wouldn't make sense because the genius mix might want to use music that you haven't synced??

omegadivine

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
To be honest I miss the ticks, what's weird is going into sounds and toggling clicks on and off play it the same volume as they used to be.

dannyleeuk

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
One thing I have noticed, and this is trivial in the grand scheme of things and WAS a problem, they've updated the dictionary so that it recognised I'll instead of ill.

johaen8

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I did do a google search on my auto-brightness problem. I've seen people both with the same problem and without. I do have a 3G, not a 3GS, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realize the uproar that would come from quieter "ticks." I have had that sound disabled since the first week I had my 3G because I find them so annoying.

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iTunes problem

Not sure if it was like this in OS 3.0, but I have two different artists that both have albums with the same name "Want". When I sync to my iPhone it moves all the songs from Artist A to Artist B's name and Artist B's Album Artwork. It also places Artist B's songs under Artist A's name and Artwork while also placing Artist B's songs under Artist B's name and Artwork (so Artist B's songs show up under both artists' names and artwork).

So simply, the coverflow of A is B's songs, and the coverflow of B is both A's and B's songs.

Any idea how to fix this? I put a space after B's "Want" title and everything worked out, but there has to be a better way.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Def having problems with all of my contacts losing their custom ringers, that is a pain to fix as i have over 50 tones for 50+ different people...

netwerqq

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if it was like this in OS 3.0, but I have two different artists that both have albums with the same name "Want". When I sync to my iPhone it moves all the songs from Artist A to Artist B's name and Artist B's Album Artwork. It also places Artist B's songs under Artist A's name and Artwork while also placing Artist B's songs under Artist B's name and Artwork (so Artist B's songs show up under both artists' names and artwork).

So simply, the coverflow of A is B's songs, and the coverflow of B is both A's and B's songs.

Any idea how to fix this? I put a space after B's "Want" title and everything worked out, but there has to be a better way.

I'm having this same problem. In addition, artwork is either completely missing (even though it appeared in 3.0 and still appears in iTunes) or has been swapped on the iPhone for a different album's art. Both of these problems only appear when in the Albums list view. Both Cover Flow and the full-screen art when the song is playing are correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods