How to KEEP tethering on 3.1

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
YOU MUST have tethering ENABELED before updating to 3.1 in iTunes. Leave it on and do your update. Once done it will stay and you are good to go :)

Note:
  • I used the help.BenM.at tethering hack. Before updating to 3.1. I had 3.0.1.
  • Had 3.0.1 prior to 3.1 and ran update and not restore.
  • if you do a RESTORE and not an update you will lose tethering.
  • I am running Snow Leopard and iTunes 9

Updated with screen shots.

Last edited:

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank goodness I checked the blog!

*wipes forehead* I read this just as iTunes began syncing my phone for the update! I stopped it so I could turn on tethering. I few more minutes and I would have missed the opportunity! Thanks so much for the heads up!:D:D

azazelwc

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
i activated teathering before updating on a 3gs and lost the ability after update. i tried to delete the profile and reinstall the hack and still no luck anyone have any ideas as to how to make it work again

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
nope, never had to... I just installed the att_us.ipcc v5.o carrier file when i upgraded to 3.0 Gm acouple of months ago, i never had MMS or Vm working, but teathering always worked... when i upgraded to 3.1 everything was the same, but MMS and VM started working too...

anders94

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Worked for me

Success! I didn't happen to have tethering turned on though I don't know if that mattered. 3.1 with tethering, Hallelujah!

Enprize

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
How do I restore to 3.0

Lost tethering this am when updated to 3.1. I have 3.0 backed up on my desktop, how do I restore to 3.0?

Thanks,

james

Bull

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
First time post:D Been reading the forum for a while as I bought my iPhone 3GS 32g in July. Myself such as everybody else here wants to be able to do more than what is already programmed.

I made the mistake of updating my phone to 3.1 w/o enabling the tether option first so needless to say i am stuck for now:( However my wife has the 3g 8gig second generation and last night right before she was going to upload 3.1 and I stopped her first. I enabled the tethering verified it was on and working then proceeded to upgrade to 3.1. After all was finished my tether option was gone. :mad: Where did I go wrong?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2