iPhone 3.1 Software is OUT TODAY

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i thought that one of the features was that when you highlight the icons to move them on the screen the phone would "jiggle" to let you know that. mine wont "jiggle"

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
i thought that one of the features was that when you highlight the icons to move them on the screen the phone would "jiggle" to let you know that. mine wont "jiggle"
The phone does not "jiggle." The icons jiggle to indicate that they are floating and can be moved. They will continue to jiggle until you press the Home button signaling that you are through moving things and want things stable again.

While jiggling, an icon will have an "X" in the upper left corner. Pressing the X will remove the icon and the associated application. This can be useful when you try an application and decide that you do not want it, or when the application is not functioning correctly and you wish to re-install it.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i think i misused the word jiggle, i know that they will wiggle on the screen, but i thought that the phone was physically supposed to vibrate to indicate something.

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No, it does not do anything.

I was listening to Rene talk about this on the Live Chat today and he said that his does in fact vibrate when he moves the icons. However, it does not do anything for me.

Just updated to 3.1 on my iPhone 3GS. Do not have water damage and my silent/vibrate switch is in perfect working order. Any ideas?

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
No vibrations for me upon jiggle ( I really dislike that word jiggle...brings to mind jello...ugh...). Voice control over BT has been accurate for me only 1/10. Could be my BT device tho' (Moto S9-HD). Was really hoping for music control w/ BT device eg track skipping et al and also better battery life. Downloaded both iTune 9 and 3.1 with no issues at about 6pm Chicago time.

psyko825#IM

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded from a jailbroken 3.0 to 3.1. The strangest finding I have had is that I was using makiitmine from cydia to change my carrier logo. I changed it from AT&T to "poop" lol. So when I upgraded to 3.1 I lost my jailbreak which I knew was going to happen and was ok with. Anyway when it booted back up after the upgrade, my carrier is still " poop" not AT&T

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner