iPhone 3.1 Software is OUT TODAY

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm, 100%, that this was indeed the case. MMS was supposed to be ready to go by today 9/9/09 but Apple was not about to hold the release of 3.1 up on AT&T's behalf.

Whenever I post about AT&T my need to post a multitude of 4 letter words increases dramatically. :mad:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So got it up and running. I really like the new look of iTunes 9, very slick. The App management for iPhone is really awesome. Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me.

The 3.1 update seems really snappy. Will see how it is later tonight after some more use and using of apps. Keyboard clicks seem a little more muted and crisper, I don't know it's hard to explain; same with the sound when you lock it. Sometimes it was almost like the clicks were too powerful for the speaker.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
So got it up and running. I really like the new look of iTunes 9, very slick. The App management for iPhone is really awesome. Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me.

The 3.1 update seems really snappy. Will see how it is later tonight after some more use and using of apps. Keyboard clicks seem a little more muted and crisper, I don't know it's hard to explain; same with the sound when you lock it. Sometimes it was almost like the clicks were too powerful for the speaker.
Do I assume correctly that you are a Mac user? Has anyone seen iTunes 9.0 for Windows?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Itunes seemed slower. 3.1 seems about same. Sounds on clicks are better as mentioned.

I noticed on cnet that touch users have to pay 4.95 for upgrade? That right?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Do I assume correctly that you are a Mac user? Has anyone seen iTunes 9.0 for Windows?

Sting7k - "Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me."

Windows all the way.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I can confirm, 100%, that this was indeed the case. MMS was supposed to be ready to go by today 9/9/09 but Apple was not about to hold the release of 3.1 up on AT&T's behalf.
Can you imagine what would have happened if AT&T had not already announced a day and then missed today?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been dying to be able to organize the apps from within Itunes. I think the fix so that the app icons will not get screwed will be a big releif judging by the multitude of threads about that so I think it was a worthwile update to release. I haven't done either yet I'll wait until the 3.1 is JBable and I'll give ITunes 9 another 2 or 3 days for everyone to get it in a mad rush. I never understood why people go through the frustration of downloading at slow speeds in their excitement to get it the same day LOL Itunes is working fine for me now as it always has 2 or 3 days even a week is not going to kill me.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
One thing this shows is that AT&T flat out lied when they said they had to enable it on everyone's account and that is why MMS wasn't working.

Those bastards.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm new to all these updates and it's making my head spin with having both out at once. I have a 3GS, not jailbroken and the most recent iTunes, not 9 yet. What's the best way to updated everything...ITunes 9 then 3.1? Or can I update to 3.1 first with my current version of iTunes and then update to iTunes 9? Also, should I update to 9 through the current version or just download the 9 off of Apples's website and install that way? Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks.

bre bre

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ok i just updated to the new itunes... and now its saying itunes is not properly installed and that i need to reinstall itunes... ive dun that like two times and i get the same message!!!! omg.... so should i remove itunes and install it again?? or will that de-authorize my computer?? i dont wanna lose all my music..........
but it itunes still pops up and when i plug my phone it says "itunes require a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support. Please uninstall both Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes, then install again"

wtf does that mean??? and i already down loaded 3.1 update before goin to the new itunes .....

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
One thing this shows is that AT&T flat out lied when they said they had to enable it on everyone's account and that is why MMS wasn't working.

Those bastards.

AT&T never said that, it was a BGR rumor that is false. When your phones gets a carrier file that supports MMS it will automatically update your account and you will start to receive MMS messages.

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on

does this mean that turning bt on will improve my performance? or does it just mean previously with bt performance dropped, and this fixes it?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro