iPhone 3.1 Software is OUT TODAY

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Upset about 3.1

ok where are the bug fixes? speed improvements? battery percentage? better battery life? .... Apple got my disappointed today. 3.1 was suppose to be a big update (Not).. How many people are satisfied with whats new in 3.1? and how many people are disappointed?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
ok where are the bug fixes? speed improvements? battery percentage? better battery life? .... Apple got my disappointed today. 3.1 was suppose to be a big update (Not).. How many people are satisfied with whats new in 3.1? and how many people are disappointed?

Who said it was going to be a "big" update?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
go to apple's website..download itunes 9. It didn't show an update from within itunes. Decided to do that first then get 3.1

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
To all of these people who are upset, what did you expect exactly? You surely knew nothing big was coming as it's simply a .1 update release.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
my download was speeding for my 3g, then it got to 47MB downloaded and is now going stupidly slowly...i redownloaded and it sped through first 47mb then did the same again....?
Mine went from 4 minutes remaining to 3 hours. I am about an hour in, 265/306, and it is reporting 13 minutes remaining.

Oops. Really speeded up at that point and is now installing.

mxtl

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
how do you get itunes 9?i see some people saying their mms is working.how is that?all this i snew to me.i keep clicking on check for updates in itunes and it says 8.2.1 is current version.......help!

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I use tethering quite a bit since I run an internet based business and it's often easier to use the Laptop I have with me than the iPhone to say - answer a support ticket.

I used the BlackBerry before I found the help.benm.at Tethering carrier hack but I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 if it's going to kill my tethering before AT&T officially supports it. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem paying for the tethering if AT&T will pull their heads out of their ***es...

Anybody upgraded to 3.1 that had the tethering hack that can test and post back?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
To all of these people who are upset, what did you expect exactly? You surely knew nothing big was coming as it's simply a .1 update release.
I was not so much expecting as hoping. I am still hopeful that are things under the covers, for the developers, that we cannot see but that will result in better apps. I still hopeful for BT on Skype and TruPhone.

I did notice that Apple is taking credit for features that AT&T blocks.

That said, I am disappointed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I was not so much expecting as hoping. I am still hopeful that are things under the covers, for the developers, that we cannot see but that will result in better apps. I still hopeful for BT on Skype and TruPhone.

I did notice that Apple is taking credit for features that AT&T blocks.

That said, I am disappointed.

Point taken and understood.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
how do you get itunes 9?i see some people saying their mms is working.how is that?all this i snew to me.i keep clicking on check for updates in itunes and it says 8.2.1 is current version.......help!
Good question. Many of the "features" claimed for 3.1 are really changes to iTunes. They are not visible.

Just checked the apps store, hoping for a queue of upgrades for 3.1. Zip.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
All indicators point to the fact that AT&T was supposed to have their crap together by today...and didn't.

I can confirm, 100%, that this was indeed the case. MMS was supposed to be ready to go by today 9/9/09 but Apple was not about to hold the release of 3.1 up on AT&T's behalf.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner