was the mms button in the settings supposed to be installed with 3.1?
    09-09-2009 02:56 PM
    I'm happy with it. It's what I expected and what's been in the betas.
    09-09-2009 02:57 PM
    go to apple's website..download itunes 9. It didn't show an update from within itunes. Decided to do that first then get 3.1
    09-09-2009 02:57 PM
    was the mms button in the settings supposed to be installed with 3.1?
    MMS will be activated on September 25th. So no, the button should not appear right now on 3.1.
    09-09-2009 03:02 PM
    Agree. Most of the "features" are things intended to support the Apple business strategy. Do like:

# Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
    # Paste phone numbers into the keypad

These are necessary features for a "smart" phone.
    09-09-2009 03:03 PM
    To all of these people who are upset, what did you expect exactly? You surely knew nothing big was coming as it's simply a .1 update release.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-09-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    09-09-2009 03:05 PM
    my download was speeding for my 3g, then it got to 47MB downloaded and is now going stupidly slowly...i redownloaded and it sped through first 47mb then did the same again....?
    Mine went from 4 minutes remaining to 3 hours. I am about an hour in, 265/306, and it is reporting 13 minutes remaining.

Oops. Really speeded up at that point and is now installing.
    09-09-2009 03:09 PM
    how do you get itunes 9?i see some people saying their mms is working.how is that?all this i snew to me.i keep clicking on check for updates in itunes and it says 8.2.1 is current version.......help!
    09-09-2009 03:13 PM
    I use tethering quite a bit since I run an internet based business and it's often easier to use the Laptop I have with me than the iPhone to say - answer a support ticket.

I used the BlackBerry before I found the help.benm.at Tethering carrier hack but I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 if it's going to kill my tethering before AT&T officially supports it. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem paying for the tethering if AT&T will pull their heads out of their ***es...

Anybody upgraded to 3.1 that had the tethering hack that can test and post back?
    09-09-2009 03:15 PM
    To all of these people who are upset, what did you expect exactly? You surely knew nothing big was coming as it's simply a .1 update release.
    I was not so much expecting as hoping. I am still hopeful that are things under the covers, for the developers, that we cannot see but that will result in better apps. I still hopeful for BT on Skype and TruPhone.

I did notice that Apple is taking credit for features that AT&T blocks.

That said, I am disappointed.
    09-09-2009 03:16 PM
    I knew it was coming out.

But I have to wait.
    09-09-2009 03:17 PM
    I was not so much expecting as hoping. I am still hopeful that are things under the covers, for the developers, that we cannot see but that will result in better apps. I still hopeful for BT on Skype and TruPhone.

I did notice that Apple is taking credit for features that AT&T blocks.

That said, I am disappointed.
    Point taken and understood.
    09-09-2009 03:27 PM
    how do you get itunes 9?i see some people saying their mms is working.how is that?all this i snew to me.i keep clicking on check for updates in itunes and it says 8.2.1 is current version.......help!
    Good question. Many of the "features" claimed for 3.1 are really changes to iTunes. They are not visible.

Just checked the apps store, hoping for a queue of upgrades for 3.1. Zip.
    09-09-2009 03:30 PM
    MMS is not working for everyone.
    All indicators point to the fact that AT&T was supposed to have their crap together by today...and didn't.

That is what you get when country bumpkins escape and end up running a major corporation.
    09-09-2009 03:34 PM
    All indicators point to the fact that AT&T was supposed to have their crap together by today...and didn't.
    I can confirm, 100%, that this was indeed the case. MMS was supposed to be ready to go by today 9/9/09 but Apple was not about to hold the release of 3.1 up on AT&T's behalf.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-09-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    09-09-2009 03:37 PM
    so do yuo have mms button in your settings?
    09-09-2009 03:38 PM
    I can confirm, 100%, that this was indeed the case. MMS was supposed to be ready to go by today 9/9/09 but Apple was not about to hold the release of 3.1 up on AT&T's behalf.
    Whenever I post about AT&T my need to post a multitude of 4 letter words increases dramatically.
    09-09-2009 03:43 PM
    So got it up and running. I really like the new look of iTunes 9, very slick. The App management for iPhone is really awesome. Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me.

The 3.1 update seems really snappy. Will see how it is later tonight after some more use and using of apps. Keyboard clicks seem a little more muted and crisper, I don't know it's hard to explain; same with the sound when you lock it. Sometimes it was almost like the clicks were too powerful for the speaker.
    09-09-2009 03:50 PM
    So got it up and running. I really like the new look of iTunes 9, very slick. The App management for iPhone is really awesome. Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me.

The 3.1 update seems really snappy. Will see how it is later tonight after some more use and using of apps. Keyboard clicks seem a little more muted and crisper, I don't know it's hard to explain; same with the sound when you lock it. Sometimes it was almost like the clicks were too powerful for the speaker.
    Do I assume correctly that you are a Mac user? Has anyone seen iTunes 9.0 for Windows?
    09-09-2009 03:57 PM
    Itunes seemed slower. 3.1 seems about same. Sounds on clicks are better as mentioned.

I noticed on cnet that touch users have to pay 4.95 for upgrade? That right?
    09-09-2009 04:00 PM
    Do I assume correctly that you are a Mac user? Has anyone seen iTunes 9.0 for Windows?
    Sting7k - "Also it's use a little more than 1/2 the system resources of iTunes 8.2.1 and is running great on Vista for me."

Windows all the way.
    09-09-2009 04:05 PM
    Can you imagine what would have happened if AT&T had not already announced a day and then missed today?
    09-09-2009 04:05 PM
    Apple's iPod refresh: What you need to know | Apple - CNET News

Apple announced the release Wednesday of OS 3.1, which will be a free update to iPhone users and $4.95 to iPod Touch owners.
    09-09-2009 04:09 PM
    I have been dying to be able to organize the apps from within Itunes. I think the fix so that the app icons will not get screwed will be a big releif judging by the multitude of threads about that so I think it was a worthwile update to release. I haven't done either yet I'll wait until the 3.1 is JBable and I'll give ITunes 9 another 2 or 3 days for everyone to get it in a mad rush. I never understood why people go through the frustration of downloading at slow speeds in their excitement to get it the same day LOL Itunes is working fine for me now as it always has 2 or 3 days even a week is not going to kill me.
    09-09-2009 04:10 PM
    will there be another update thru itunes on the 25th for mms button in settings?
    09-09-2009 04:16 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD