3G Edge Question

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I've searched the boards & cannot find the answer on this one. I live in an area that always says Edge, should I turn off the 3G until I travel out of my home area to save on battery life? OR will it affect my signal strength? Right now my iphone has the same amount of dropped calls as my blackberry did, and that was very very little, I don't want to mess that up. :)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
3g does eat up your battery life faster. Edge is fine for phone calls. I turn my 3g off while at home because I have wifi and my calls are rarely, if ever, dropped.

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
So does the browser have to have the 3G? Sorry I'm so ignorant but I'm totally new to iphone. Also if it does would the wifi be better if that is the case, as I have wifi.

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
So does the browser have to have the 3G? Sorry I'm so ignorant but I'm totally new to iphone. Also if it does would the wifi be better if that is the case, as I have wifi.

WIFI is the fastest but only works for data (doesn't affect your voice usage), 3g is next best as far as data and Edge is the slowest for data. As far as using voice communications i don't ever notice a diffence in droped calls or call quality when going from 3g to Edge as i work in an erea that does have 3g and live in an area that only has Edge. As long as i have a good signal (3g or Edge) my service seems to be pretty good. Hope this helps.

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
WIFI is the fastest but only works for data (doesn't affect your voice usage), 3g is next best as far as data and Edge is the slowest for data. As far as using voice communications i don't ever notice a diffence in droped calls or call quality when going from 3g to Edge as i work in an erea that does have 3g and live in an area that only has Edge. As long as i have a good signal (3g or Edge) my service seems to be pretty good. Hope this helps.

Thanks it did help. I believe this is a great board for good advice. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods