Is there a way to know how many text messages were sent or received?? I only signed up for200 a month.

Thanks
    09-03-2009 09:03 PM
    Is there a way to know how many text messages were sent or received?? I only signed up for200 a month.

Thanks
    It'll show you on your online account.
    09-03-2009 09:04 PM
    Text *Data# and it will tell you.
    09-03-2009 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    09-03-2009 09:14 PM
    Those numbers are not necessarily up to the minute accurate.

If your jailbroken...there used to be an app that kept track for you.
    09-03-2009 09:25 PM
    If you're on AT&T the (free) AT&T myWireless Mobile app has a data usage section that will show you how many text messages you've used. I don't know how up-to-the-minute accurate it is though.
    09-04-2009 09:00 AM
    If you're on AT&T the (free) AT&T myWireless Mobile app has a data usage section that will show you how many text messages you've used. I don't know how up-to-the-minute accurate it is though.
    Ditto, I use the app frequently and have found that it's not very accurate on a daily usage situation. It updates accurately overnight in most situation and in the worst case, I've gotten an account upgrade message which means account details are not available.
    Not trying to start another bash ATT discussion but it's easy to see that not providing you with an accurate up to minute text usage count is an easy way to gently nudge customers into the unlimited bucket. "Rather than risk going over, why not just get the unlimited package then you won't have to worry about going over". I'm sure we all heard that line.
    09-04-2009 10:35 AM
    Text *Data# and it will tell you.
    How do you do that? I don't see the * or # when trying to type it in in "messages".
    09-04-2009 10:48 AM
    ...very good point! But, yes, unlimited is the way to go

I wish with corporate accounts you could still log in online to AT&T. You can't and it can be annoying at times...

Ditto, I use the app frequently and have found that it's not very accurate on a daily usage situation. It updates accurately overnight in most situation and in the worst case, I've gotten an account upgrade message which means account details are not available.
    Not trying to start another bash ATT discussion but it's easy to see that not providing you with an accurate up to minute text usage count is an easy way to gently nudge customers into the unlimited bucket. "Rather than risk going over, why not just get the unlimited package then you won't have to worry about going over". I'm sure we all heard that line.
    09-04-2009 11:41 AM
    How do you do that? I don't see the * or # when trying to type it in in "messages".
    You do it from the phone dialer, not text messaging.
    09-04-2009 11:49 AM
    You should have it set up as one of you contact AT&T put on all there phones it is under *DATA. It is also under Settings -> Phone ->AT&T Services .
    09-04-2009 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD