Right way to close down Safari

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Is there a correct way to close internet browser so that it is not running in the background.

I thought that just by hitting the "home" button to get to main screen that it shuts browser down. But when I hit safari again it takes me to the last page I was on and appears to still be running.

Thanks,

Mike

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You cant just hit the X like in windows , You can hold the home key and power key for 4-6 seconds and it should close the program . You can also hold the home and power key till the phone restarts . Hope this helps

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
You can force quit an application. On the iPhone 3GS running OS 3.0, you have to press and hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears to turn off the iPhone. At this point, let go of the sleep/wake button and press the home button until you are returned to the main home screen (approx 4-6 seconds). I'm not sure if it's this way for all iPhones running OS 3.0 or just the 3GS because of the Voice Control feature available on the 3GS. To force quit an app in OS 1.x or 2.x all you had to do was hold the home button down for 4-6 seconds until you were returned to the home screen, or springboard.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Is there a correct way to close internet browser so that it is not running in the background.

I thought that just by hitting the "home" button to get to main screen that it shuts browser down. But when I hit safari again it takes me to the last page I was on and appears to still be running.

Thanks,

Mike
it always caches your pages. you have to close them all to clear it.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
it always caches your pages. you have to close them all to clear it.

Yes! This is the correct way to close Safari - no need to fiddle with resetting the phone. Just tap the ikon on the bottom right and close any "open" pages, then press the Home button.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I use SBSettings as a jailbreaker. You have the option to stop running processes like Safari, Phone, Mail, etc.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Rkbrown81 is correct. If you suspect that safari is doing something in the background that woul be how to quit the app. If there is nothing wring then it is no problem closing the app just by hitting the home button.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2