New design for Iphone 4G?

SpdDemon426

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
The design is perfect, but if i were gonna change anything it would be:

1. Micro SD slot (not really necessary, but would be cool to have as an option)

2. Flash for the camera (also front facing camera)

3. Sharper Screen

4. Aluminum case like the MacBooks.

5. Bluetooth connectivity with Macbook

mikeypascual

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Mikey P

Personally in terms of design I'd like to see a slightly higher quality back casing/cover, which would ideally be a bit more grippy and more finger print/mark resistant. Overall it would be nice to see a fresher all round design - it would be quite boring to reuse the same design for a third time, nice though it is.

In terms of features, a much improved battery life, 802.11n wifi support, a secondary camera on the front, an improved camera on the back: 5mp with AF would be very nice, especially if they could include a flash. Obviously an even better processor would be nice, as well as more RAM. In terms of hard drive I believe the 16gb and 32gb are more or less adequate for almost all of our needs. I also think an higher resolution screen should be included in the 4th iPhone, with HD out capabilities, perhaps through a dock purchasable from Apple. I noticed someone earlier mentioned a built in projector: As nice as that would be, I think it is indeed a bit far! Although a small projector attachment/accessory could be extremely good fun, and maybe even quite useful at times!

In terms of software, a new refreshing concept would be fantastic, especially if was fairly customisable, which the current one isn't, unless you have Winterboard.

Quite a demanding list, I know ;) But ahh, would be so nice to see all of that in the next one! :D x

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
After using the iPhone for over a year, it is broke.

Says who?

Compared to all the PYTs on the market right now, iPhone needs a face lift and some anti-aging cream.

Sales definitely are defying what you are saying. The iPhone is not falling behind, still does some pretty cool things, and they continue to roll out updates, which are free by the way and is like getting a brand new phone.

The funny thing is that the iPhone is STILL the slimmest all touch-screen smartphone out there >_> I don't understand why.. it could easily be beaten XD

Apple is king in form factor. If the other companies had the same knowledge and resources they might. Most other touch screen phones are cheaper OR include a physical keyboard. If you insist on a physical keyboard or insist on not investing as much into design to keep costs down, you are going to end up with a thicker phone.

Oh, and I forgot, most have user replaceable batteries. The battery compartment makes it a little thicker too.

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
In terms of hardware, the only change I want is to go back to the first gen brushed aluminum. It's more durable than the plastic and transmits heat better. However I'm betting they did the plastic thing to get the price down when they went to subsidized phones on the 3G.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put gentle rolling ridges on the sides, like with palm pilots and handsprings of old. Traditional phones have the buttons to increase friction or simply had plenty of gaps and notches in the form factor to reduce friction but with the touch phone market growing more and more are getting more and more slippery. I'm sure Apple could make this look good, but then again I doubt they will do it because people love to personalize their phones with cases and this is a huge after market that their partners would not want to see axed.

As for the software, this is constantly evolving, and I'm sure all the best suggestions in one form or another are coming. I'd like to see a better way to organize apps. Perhaps folders? Folders are easier to drill into than flipping by 17 pages. Spotlight is nice for text searching but some of us like to visually search and access things. I always put what I want in an easy to find folder or place on my mac, and the rest go off to the side when I need them. I want to see my most important apps on the main screens and put the less important stuff in folders out of the way.

Also I'd like an easier way to turn wifi on and off. And it should be free and part of the software.

I'd like the built in alarm clock to be able to play a podcast or playlist.

But I can't really think of a damned thing else to change at the moment. Obviously others want more corporate functionality and security but I don't use my phone for that.

Maggard

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I love the looks of the iPhone, personally. My 3GS looks terrific (coming from a BlackBerry Curve 8310) and, though this is my first iPhone, I still think it's the sexiest phone on the market.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
no need to change the overall design. perhaps extending the screen a bit and having it be higher resolution. or maybe a different back...one that is not so prone to scratches!

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I feel future iPhone should have a some features like...
1)Unibody
2)5 megapixel camera, front facing
3)Wireless Syncing
4)Nice size/shape and colour, and
5)Better mic and speaker maybe noise isolating mic

db7472

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
battery/camera

The next iPhone won't be 4G since it's coming out next year. at&t won't have 4G available until 2011, and I've heard nothing definite about iPhone being made available to Verizon customers.

A front or swiveling camera is a great idea for different reasons and especially if the version of iPhone it comes with allows for video messaging.

Definitely; don't hold your breath for a removable battery or for removable memory.
front camera would be great.

an [easily] removable battery, not gonna hold my breath on that though.

More grippy back, seriously my soap is easier to hold.

built in projector!!!! ok fine i'm getting carried away.

all in all though i really like the simple design. it's classy and makes it easy to customize if you wish with your own case and wallpaper.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't really feel like they need a new design..

Just an updated/improved/different UI and some more colors for the back of the phone besides black & white.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
From the list of what has been mentioned so far, I choose: higher resolution (HD), better battery life, more storage capacity (why not have your movie collection with you at all times along with your entire music collection?), and sure a few new colors. I like also the noise-reduction mic idea. I do NOT want to see: OLED anything until they can improve its life beyond 2 years or so (sure maybe you'll only keep the phone for 2 years until the new hotness comes out, but what about the poor sucker you give/sell your phone to?), an all aluminum back (sure it's pretty, but I like having good signal--that, and not Apple's cheapness, is why the back was switched out in the first place!), a rubberized back (that's what skin cases are for!), any moving/changing of buttons to include a slide-out anything. I love the form factor and sturdiness of the phone, and like others have said why change something good just because you're "bored" with it. If the iPhone bores you that much, wait until your contract ends or buy out now and get a Palm Pre or some Blackberry or other! ;p Something I'd like to see in a next generation iPhone that hasn't been mentioned is: Bluetooth connectivity with a printer (I don't know if this is a hardware thing or only a software thing), and that's all I can think of that I'd want in a device this size. I mean, more configurability would be nice sure but that's really a software thing for one, and for 2 the phone is designed to be useful and to not break when you use it, both of which it does well; does configurability always = usefulness? Nope.

Last edited:

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Well said, sir.
From the list of what has been mentioned so far, I choose: higher resolution (HD), better battery life, more storage capacity (why not have your movie collection with you at all times along with your entire music collection?), and sure a few new colors. I like also the noise-reduction mic idea. I do NOT want to see: OLED anything until they can improve its life beyond 2 years or so (sure maybe you'll only keep the phone for 2 years until the new hotness comes out, but what about the poor sucker you give/sell your phone to?), an all aluminum back (sure it's pretty, but I like having good signal--that, and not Apple's cheapness, is why the back was switched out in the first place!), a rubberized back (that's what skin cases are for!), any moving/changing of buttons to include a slide-out anything. I love the form factor and sturdiness of the phone, and like others have said why change something good just because you're "bored" with it. If the iPhone bores you that much, wait until your contract ends or buy out now and get a Palm Pre or some Blackberry or other! ;p Something I'd like to see in a next generation iPhone that hasn't been mentioned is: Bluetooth connectivity with a printer (I don't know if this is a hardware thing or only a software thing), and that's all I can think of that I'd want in a device this size. I mean, more configurability would be nice sure but that's really a software thing for one, and for 2 the phone is designed to be useful and to not break when you use it, both of which it does well; does configurability always = usefulness? Nope.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You know what I would like right now. A place to tap on the browser that will scroll to the bottom of a page just like the top. That would be useful I think

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I am just thinking of throwing my iphone sometimes. What do they want? This new model designs are so uncomfortable and are not user friendly. There must be a new change.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
An LED message indicator light. Instant push email on all clients without having to purchase MobileMe annual subscriptions. Customization without having to prison break. Adobe Flash support. Carbon fiber case back. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR