I am looking for:

1)internal stereo speakers
    2)hi res screen OLED
    3)increased battery capacity
    4)more color options
    09-22-2009 11:13 AM
    The next iPhone won't be 4G since it's coming out next year. at&t won't have 4G available until 2011, and I've heard nothing definite about iPhone being made available to Verizon customers.

A front or swiveling camera is a great idea for different reasons and especially if the version of iPhone it comes with allows for video messaging.

Definitely; don't hold your breath for a removable battery or for removable memory.
    front camera would be great.

an [easily] removable battery, not gonna hold my breath on that though.

More grippy back, seriously my soap is easier to hold.

built in projector!!!! ok fine i'm getting carried away.

all in all though i really like the simple design. it's classy and makes it easy to customize if you wish with your own case and wallpaper.
    Last edited by db7472; 09-22-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: more to add
    09-22-2009 11:46 AM
    I don't really feel like they need a new design..

Just an updated/improved/different UI and some more colors for the back of the phone besides black & white.
    09-22-2009 09:08 PM
    From the list of what has been mentioned so far, I choose: higher resolution (HD), better battery life, more storage capacity (why not have your movie collection with you at all times along with your entire music collection?), and sure a few new colors. I like also the noise-reduction mic idea. I do NOT want to see: OLED anything until they can improve its life beyond 2 years or so (sure maybe you'll only keep the phone for 2 years until the new hotness comes out, but what about the poor sucker you give/sell your phone to?), an all aluminum back (sure it's pretty, but I like having good signal--that, and not Apple's cheapness, is why the back was switched out in the first place!), a rubberized back (that's what skin cases are for!), any moving/changing of buttons to include a slide-out anything. I love the form factor and sturdiness of the phone, and like others have said why change something good just because you're "bored" with it. If the iPhone bores you that much, wait until your contract ends or buy out now and get a Palm Pre or some Blackberry or other! ;p Something I'd like to see in a next generation iPhone that hasn't been mentioned is: Bluetooth connectivity with a printer (I don't know if this is a hardware thing or only a software thing), and that's all I can think of that I'd want in a device this size. I mean, more configurability would be nice sure but that's really a software thing for one, and for 2 the phone is designed to be useful and to not break when you use it, both of which it does well; does configurability always = usefulness? Nope.
    Last edited by Microcosmos; 09-22-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    09-22-2009 11:49 PM
    Well said, sir.
    From the list of what has been mentioned so far, I choose: higher resolution (HD), better battery life, more storage capacity (why not have your movie collection with you at all times along with your entire music collection?), and sure a few new colors. I like also the noise-reduction mic idea. I do NOT want to see: OLED anything until they can improve its life beyond 2 years or so (sure maybe you'll only keep the phone for 2 years until the new hotness comes out, but what about the poor sucker you give/sell your phone to?), an all aluminum back (sure it's pretty, but I like having good signal--that, and not Apple's cheapness, is why the back was switched out in the first place!), a rubberized back (that's what skin cases are for!), any moving/changing of buttons to include a slide-out anything. I love the form factor and sturdiness of the phone, and like others have said why change something good just because you're "bored" with it. If the iPhone bores you that much, wait until your contract ends or buy out now and get a Palm Pre or some Blackberry or other! ;p Something I'd like to see in a next generation iPhone that hasn't been mentioned is: Bluetooth connectivity with a printer (I don't know if this is a hardware thing or only a software thing), and that's all I can think of that I'd want in a device this size. I mean, more configurability would be nice sure but that's really a software thing for one, and for 2 the phone is designed to be useful and to not break when you use it, both of which it does well; does configurability always = usefulness? Nope.
    09-25-2009 03:45 AM
    You know what I would like right now. A place to tap on the browser that will scroll to the bottom of a page just like the top. That would be useful I think
    09-25-2009 03:57 AM
    Same here. I am just thinking of throwing my iphone sometimes. What do they want? This new model designs are so uncomfortable and are not user friendly. There must be a new change.
    09-25-2009 03:34 PM
    I like the way it is.
    02-17-2010 11:04 PM
    An LED message indicator light. Instant push email on all clients without having to purchase MobileMe annual subscriptions. Customization without having to prison break. Adobe Flash support. Carbon fiber case back.
    02-18-2010 05:55 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD