I dont know why, but i have always been in love with the iphone design. even when i had my bbs, i was still downloading iphone themes for them. no matter what other great themes i have had, i have always gone back to the iphone theme.

one other thing, even though i like the 3g and 3gs plastic backing...i always liked the metal backing on the iphone better. i dont know why, i just think it adds so much to the look
    09-11-2009 12:14 AM
    Front Camera will be a good point
    09-11-2009 02:10 AM
    I love the form factor of the Iphone. If the new one could go back to using the aluminum case and keeping the excellent reception that would be awesome. Also using other colors for the case would definately vamp things up. Apart from that I think Apple will just update the software to keep things fresh. I think things like easy toggles to turn network, wifi, BT on and off like SBSettings, ability to have your background on your lock screen and home screen would definately keep things fresh.
    09-11-2009 09:48 AM
    I love the form factor of the Iphone. If the new one could go back to using the aluminum case and keeping the excellent reception that would be awesome. Also using other colors for the case would definately vamp things up. Apart from that I think Apple will just update the software to keep things fresh. I think things like easy toggles to turn network, wifi, BT on and off like SBSettings, ability to have your background on your lock screen and home screen would definately keep things fresh.
    use the three button click to open up a menu to turn on/off wifi/BT, etc!!!
    that would be nice
    09-16-2009 12:41 AM
    i mean three click home button....
    09-16-2009 12:42 AM
    Would like to see zoom on the camera, and the ability to change the back ground and icon buttons w/o having to Jailbreak. Also full screen and move the Home button to the side.
    09-16-2009 03:08 PM
    front camera would be great.

an [easily] removable battery, not gonna hold my breath on that though.

More grippy back, seriously my soap is easier to hold.

built in projector!!!! ok fine i'm getting carried away.

all in all though i really like the simple design. it's classy and makes it easy to customize if you wish with your own case and wallpaper.
    built in projector!!
    I just created my own App. and it is scheduled to be released on September 25th! I just uploaded a demo video onto YouTube. if you have a chance to check it out you really should. Just search "iMagnify"
    I always appreciate the feedback, thanks!
    09-16-2009 05:35 PM
    Would like to see zoom on the camera, and the ability to change the back ground and icon buttons w/o having to Jailbreak. Also full screen and move the Home button to the side.
    I made my own zoom app, you should check it out!!
    I just created my own App. and it is scheduled to be released on September 25th! I just uploaded a demo video onto YouTube. if you have a chance to check it out you really should. Just search "iMagnify"
    I always appreciate the feedback, thanks!
    09-16-2009 05:36 PM
    I Would really like to see it kinda branch away form the at&t network. Open it up to more people
    09-17-2009 09:16 AM
    I Would really like to see it kinda branch away form the at&t network. Open it up to more people
    I totally agree!
    09-17-2009 11:07 PM
    I like the design. All I need is the ability for it to take the ability to use Rogers new 21mb speeds. I love canada. Woooooooooo for being on robbers. Seriously. My plan is 75 but somehow I am paying 100. Honestly. 25 bucks in service charges and tax. Damn robbers. Anyway. The design is fine by me. All I want is faster speeds and more hard drive space. The latter which we know will happen. 64gb is coming next year.
    09-18-2009 12:37 AM
    Where the hell on the side do you people want to pit the home button. Like honestly. Where. I don't see how you coils move it and still make it look non retarted. I love the design. I actually wish they change the look of the iod touches. Making people copy our design. Damn you apple. Get some creativity.
    09-18-2009 12:39 AM
    Perfect the way it is. Just a better battery would suffice.
    09-18-2009 01:49 AM
    People! The iPhone is a beautiful phone. The design is beautiful. The only things I would change is: back to the aluminum back, OLED screen and themes (without jailbreak)
    09-18-2009 03:08 AM
    I actually like the current design, but how about more colors? Ones that match the old Apple multi color logo? Or the option to special order a phone with your favorite sports team logo on the back or something?

I would really love to see a better screen, maybe an OLED 3D screen in the future.
    Really? It's a damn phone dude. Get a skinit or something for your own phone
    09-18-2009 03:44 AM
    Dblanco has got it spot on!
    09-18-2009 03:45 AM
    The design is perfect, but if i were gonna change anything it would be:

1. Micro SD slot (not really necessary, but would be cool to have as an option)

2. Flash for the camera (also front facing camera)

3. Sharper Screen

4. Aluminum case like the MacBooks.

5. Bluetooth connectivity with Macbook
    09-18-2009 05:35 AM
    Unibody!!!
    09-18-2009 01:20 PM
    Personally in terms of design I'd like to see a slightly higher quality back casing/cover, which would ideally be a bit more grippy and more finger print/mark resistant. Overall it would be nice to see a fresher all round design - it would be quite boring to reuse the same design for a third time, nice though it is.

In terms of features, a much improved battery life, 802.11n wifi support, a secondary camera on the front, an improved camera on the back: 5mp with AF would be very nice, especially if they could include a flash. Obviously an even better processor would be nice, as well as more RAM. In terms of hard drive I believe the 16gb and 32gb are more or less adequate for almost all of our needs. I also think an higher resolution screen should be included in the 4th iPhone, with HD out capabilities, perhaps through a dock purchasable from Apple. I noticed someone earlier mentioned a built in projector: As nice as that would be, I think it is indeed a bit far! Although a small projector attachment/accessory could be extremely good fun, and maybe even quite useful at times!

In terms of software, a new refreshing concept would be fantastic, especially if was fairly customisable, which the current one isn't, unless you have Winterboard.

Quite a demanding list, I know But ahh, would be so nice to see all of that in the next one! x
    09-18-2009 01:35 PM
    After using the iPhone for over a year, it is broke.
    Says who?

Compared to all the PYTs on the market right now, iPhone needs a face lift and some anti-aging cream.
    Sales definitely are defying what you are saying. The iPhone is not falling behind, still does some pretty cool things, and they continue to roll out updates, which are free by the way and is like getting a brand new phone.

The funny thing is that the iPhone is STILL the slimmest all touch-screen smartphone out there >_> I don't understand why.. it could easily be beaten XD
    Apple is king in form factor. If the other companies had the same knowledge and resources they might. Most other touch screen phones are cheaper OR include a physical keyboard. If you insist on a physical keyboard or insist on not investing as much into design to keep costs down, you are going to end up with a thicker phone.

Oh, and I forgot, most have user replaceable batteries. The battery compartment makes it a little thicker too.
    09-18-2009 01:58 PM
    In terms of hardware, the only change I want is to go back to the first gen brushed aluminum. It's more durable than the plastic and transmits heat better. However I'm betting they did the plastic thing to get the price down when they went to subsidized phones on the 3G.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put gentle rolling ridges on the sides, like with palm pilots and handsprings of old. Traditional phones have the buttons to increase friction or simply had plenty of gaps and notches in the form factor to reduce friction but with the touch phone market growing more and more are getting more and more slippery. I'm sure Apple could make this look good, but then again I doubt they will do it because people love to personalize their phones with cases and this is a huge after market that their partners would not want to see axed.

As for the software, this is constantly evolving, and I'm sure all the best suggestions in one form or another are coming. I'd like to see a better way to organize apps. Perhaps folders? Folders are easier to drill into than flipping by 17 pages. Spotlight is nice for text searching but some of us like to visually search and access things. I always put what I want in an easy to find folder or place on my mac, and the rest go off to the side when I need them. I want to see my most important apps on the main screens and put the less important stuff in folders out of the way.

Also I'd like an easier way to turn wifi on and off. And it should be free and part of the software.

I'd like the built in alarm clock to be able to play a podcast or playlist.

But I can't really think of a damned thing else to change at the moment. Obviously others want more corporate functionality and security but I don't use my phone for that.
    09-18-2009 02:37 PM
    I love the looks of the iPhone, personally. My 3GS looks terrific (coming from a BlackBerry Curve 8310) and, though this is my first iPhone, I still think it's the sexiest phone on the market.
    09-18-2009 11:25 PM
    Camera LED Flash, and a higher resolution screen
    09-21-2009 12:24 AM
    no need to change the overall design. perhaps extending the screen a bit and having it be higher resolution. or maybe a different back...one that is not so prone to scratches!
    09-21-2009 01:11 AM
    I feel future iPhone should have a some features like...
    1)Unibody
    2)5 megapixel camera, front facing
    3)Wireless Syncing
    4)Nice size/shape and colour, and
    5)Better mic and speaker maybe noise isolating mic
    09-22-2009 02:15 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD