Migrating from a PC to a Mac

jbw52

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I started out my geek life as a Mac guy and eventually moved to the PC world (more employment opportunities) but now I am back to the Mac. I was wondering if there is a way to import all of my iTunes stuff including all of my purchased iPhone apps to my Mac?

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure you have 5 machines that you can use anything you buy from ITunes on simultaneously so the Mac would count as the 2nd device. If you wont be using the PC anymore you can deactivate it from the ITunes acount and you will get back that count so the Mac would the the only device leaving you 4 more. Anyway to get the apps to the ITunes in Mac click on Itunes Store and login then click Store on the Itunes taskbar and click Authorize Computer. Then connect your Iphone click on it and go through the tabs and clear all the sync options. Ie. Uncheck sync All Applications then do a sync and I beleive what will happen is the apps will be synced from the Iphone to Itunes and not from Itunes to the phone which would wipe out all the apps. Once you do the first sync, in itunes go to Applications under Library which is the Apps under Itunes and see if all the Apps are there. If they are then click the phone again and go to the Apps tab and click sync Apps and check all of them. The music and movies, etc. you just have to copy the folders from windows and import them into the library.