is it worth it to go back??

Tennisman120

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello everybody! I think i made a bad decision. So about 3 months ago, i was getting tired of my iphone and sold it. I opened up another line through my family to try out the Pre. Loved <3 the software. (which is better than iPhone OS in my opinion, besides lack of Open GL and other goodies...) I had severe hardware issues and run-ins with sprint. They pissed me off way to much, and no one new anything. So i canceled that and kept on my Tmo line (which is $10 a month. Unlim. data and msg. and 500 mins! i know im special ;) ) Great service, far surpassing ATT, at-least in our area. I have an unlocked HTC Hero and absolutely love it! Only becuase of Sense UI and i know there is a big update coming in October with the Sprint Hero. Its good and all, but im really missing some features of the iphone. like real bad. Some of my favorite apps and stuff... So basically what i am is wondering if it is worth it to get another iPhone. And don't say no because of google voice... I got it the day it came out along with all the other removed apps, so that doesnt bother me. I am a Jailbreaker (glasklart + city lights +chromofari + android battery) I am on Tmo, so i am considering forking out the dough for a Factory Unlocked one from online. Do you guys think its worth it? All that money?

Thanks

Patrick mandia aka tennisman120

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
yeppppppppp...im also on tmo and bought one unlocked and jailbroken!!...i have the 2G tho, because i kno a few ppl who have the 3G and it doesnt work well with tmo!!

Tennisman120

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I dont care about 3g. Tmo's edge is fast! I was thinking about getting factory unlocled so I dnt have to worry about getting bricked what's the best place to get one? (3gs cause I want video!) Is worth it to get another iPhone though?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I dont care about 3g. Tmo's edge is fast! I was thinking about getting factory unlocled so I dnt have to worry about getting bricked what's the best place to get one? (3gs cause I want video!) Is worth it to get another iPhone though?

If you think T-Mobiles EDGE is fast... all I have to say is wow... :rolleyes:

Posts like this crack me up because after using an iPhone you've ruined all other phones out there. No matter what other phones I get to try out the iPhone is always waiting for my return. Moral of the story, if you are currently using an iPhone and want to try something else - don't sell the iPhone because you will return.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
yeppppppppp...im also on tmo and bought one unlocked and jailbroken!!...i have the 2G tho, because i kno a few ppl who have the 3G and it doesnt work well with tmo!!

Doesn't work well because it doesn't work at all. T-Mobile does not support the 3G bands needed for an iPhone 3G/3GS.

Unless of course you are strictly talking about the device itself. Which is crazy as it works no differently than the 2g iPhone. Minus 3G obviously.

Tennisman120

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I dont know why, theres just something about the iPhone that is drawing me back. I love the Hero and all, but its just not an iPhone.... SO basically what you saying is that i need an Iphone 2g? By not working at all, what do you mean? internet doesnt work? Cause one of my family members works at tmo and uses her iphone. seems to work. Please explain more...

Tennisman120

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
dude about the edge on tmo, ill record a vid of my hero their edge. it was as fast as my iPhone on att's 3g. faster. seriously. idk if its just the phone or what, but it really is fast.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
dude about the edge on tmo, ill record a vid of my hero their edge. it was as fast as my iPhone on att's 3g. faster. seriously. idk if its just the phone or what, but it really is fast.

You must be in a very weak AT&T 3G area. You can put the Hero on WiFi and my 3GS on 3G will run circles around it especially with the Hero's current firmware. (No joke)

Franberry

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I dont know why, theres just something about the iPhone that is drawing me back. I love the Hero and all, but its just not an iPhone.... SO basically what you saying is that i need an Iphone 2g? By not working at all, what do you mean? internet doesnt work? Cause one of my family members works at tmo and uses her iphone. seems to work. Please explain more...

You can use a 3g, you just wont get 3g speed, because as the op said, Tmo's 3g frequency is different than ATT's. Tmo customer service reps will actually tell you to turn off the 3G mode.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can use a 3g, you just wont get 3g speed, because as the op said, Tmo's 3g frequency is different than ATT's. Tmo customer service reps will actually tell you to turn off the 3G mode.

So anyone does not get confused by the above: You can use a iPhone 3G on T-Mobile yes. However you can not use the 3G band at all and that's why you must turn off 3G.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok so do u think it would be wiser to buy a 2G and use with Tmo?? IMO it would be pointless buying a 3G and use with Tmo if u wont have 3G speeds...

EDIT: thats why i bought a 2G instead of the 3G...when Tmo finally decides to upgrade then i will upgrade right along with them:cool:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
att is pretty bad in my area. should i just search craigslist for the 2g? worth it?

I'd say no, but that is just me. Depends on how much you are going to pay and exactly what you are looking for. To me I could never go back to EDGE only service. That is what stops me from picking up a HTC Hero of my own. Just can't do it.

And yes you can use a 3GS on T-Mobile as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Franberry

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
ok so do u think it would be wiser to buy a 2G and use with Tmo?? IMO it would be pointless buying a 3G and use with Tmo if u wont have 3G speeds...

EDIT: thats why i bought a 2G instead of the 3G...when Tmo finally decides to upgrade then i will upgrade right along with them:cool:

The 3g does have built-in GPS, which the 2g doesnt.

Tennisman120

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
well yes. but i like the video camera etc.... i am not focused on speed cause the tmo edge i have in my area is fast. i havent been on reliable 3g for about 4 1/2 months so... ;)

thanks!!!

Franberry

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
well yes. but i like the video camera etc.... i am not focused on speed cause the tmo edge i have in my area is fast. i havent been on reliable 3g for about 4 1/2 months so... ;)

thanks!!!

If you get an unlocked/jailbroken 2g or 3g, you can always get "Cycorder" from Cydia and then you'll have the video recorder. Just saying....if you want to save a few bucks. Imo, the aftermarket price for a 3gs is outrageous whereas you can get 2g's or 3g's relatively cheap on Ebay.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods