NP If possible, see if you can get your hands on both the 2g and the 3g/3gs and see which one is more comfortable for you too. I personally think the 3g is easier to hold because of its curved shape and the weight distribution. I loved the 2g, but it kind of felt like you were carrying around a very sophisticated brick.
    09-01-2009 04:05 PM
    Thanks for all your help guys! I got a 2g from ebay. What the hell would i really do with a video camera?
    09-01-2009 04:48 PM
    Thanks for all your help guys! I got a 2g from ebay. What the hell would i really do with a video camera?
    You must not have kids.
    09-01-2009 07:19 PM
    no. im a kid I am happy. i love the design of the 2g and am satisfied with tmo's edge. i wont upgrade until this come out: http://cuthut.com/o9Y
    09-01-2009 07:26 PM
    I sold and switched from the iPhone just to come back several times. I have a 3GS now. Other phones just dont live up to the hype.
    09-01-2009 08:43 PM
    yea. i figured its not worth the money to get a factory unlocked 3gs when i cant even access the 3g on it on tmo. so i just got a 2g. which in my opinion, looks the best!
    09-01-2009 08:54 PM
    Cool read, so here's my 2 pennies. On the weekend I was at the Mall here in Canada and stopped at Bell to look at the Pre they had on demo. I wasn't interested I just wanted to see what it looked and felt like after hearing some stuff about it. The form factor just didn't WOW me, I was like meh it's cool but nothing I would switch my Iphone for. As for the 2G vs 3G/3Gs the feel of it is probably personal opinion because I was holding my GF's 1st gen Iphone today and I loved it, it feels so much sturdier and just feels like it's present in my hand while my 3G just doesn't have that feel to it. Then alot of people are considering the speed of the network as a main factor to choosing between 2G vs 3G/3Gs but if you can only get access to Edge then the real consideration should be the speed of the phone itself launching apps, playing games, etc. This to me would be the reason I would go with a 3Gs so instead of upgrading along with TMo when they upgrade their network you would have the faster responding phone and no need to upgrade. The next point would be how much you want to spend you can get a 2G phone CHEAP so if you're not concerned about how fast your apps launch, the better camera then it's a no brainer.
    09-02-2009 12:02 AM
    I really wish apple could come up with a way to get good reception and stay with the aluminum back! But I am loving the 3gs speed! Can't fo back to the first gen.
    09-02-2009 12:52 AM
    i really do love webOS. that is the only thing i would trade for the iphone. BUT

1st. CDMA = crap
    2nd. Hardware sucked and no sprint rep in my area knew what they were doing.

i actually love the software so much, im making a twitter app for it.

thealchemistlab.com

im not concerned with speed. ok. .15 s faster. whats the difference. I am completely satisfied with my edge on my hero. ithen again, i havent EVER used a reliable 3g network. (att only had edge in my area)
    09-02-2009 06:14 AM
    I think it worth it and I love the sexy look of the Hero , but nothing out there is like an IPhone .
    09-02-2009 08:04 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD