Apple screen and it shuts off

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it into a wall outlet and letting it charge for a while.

When I got my 3G, it did the same thing. I had to plug it in before the red battery indicator would even come up on the screen.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I second that try turning it on with it plugged in to power. If it continues to do the same thing take it in to Apple.

geeanywhere

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
It is charged fully and when I was playing with the apps, it kept going into home screen. turned it off and it never went back on. Only apple screen for 10 seconds and shuts off...

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
question for someone smarter than i:

would it be possible for the OP to download an IPSW for the 3G, and do a restore from iTunes? even though he never setup the phone on his computer from the beginning?? just a thought.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
2-3 hours is still worth it. You can spend that kind of time just trying to figure out what "might" be wrong...easy.

In this case it does sound as though a trip to apple is in order.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
2-3 hours is still worth it. You can spend that kind of time just trying to figure out what "might" be wrong...easy.

In this case it does sound as though a trip to apple is in order.

i'm getting us off-topic. but i absolutely would not drive when i can usually fix it myself. if i can avoid traffic and gas $$$ by finding a fix online, i'll do it. and unless i'm 100% guaranteed Apple will just swap out my iPhone, it ain't worth the hassle.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
In any case. If the op can't get it to even turn on then he can't do a fix at home. I still think the drive in this case is worth it. Didn't you say a dead phone is a boring phone???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well my point was that from what I could see it didn't seem like a simple fix. I was both asking and suggesting if it was possible to take the phone in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73