Things to do prior to selling a blackberry?

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Well I just got my iPhone 3gs yestersday and was going to try it out for the 30 days and then make a decision. Well, I only needed one day to be convienced and I'm converting over to AT&T from verizon's blackberry storm. Can anyone advise on proper procedures to sell a blackberry? I mean do I need to unreister from the pin? Remove verizon's sim? Change any email settings?.......etc. Any help is appreciated. I would like to make sure a smooth transaction for both parties

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings and do a "handset wipe". Call verizon and de-activate. Be sure to remove any memory cards that might have personal pictures, music, video, etc.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Also login to your BIS before it's deactivated and delete all your email accounts.
The reason you would call Verizon to deactivate the PIN is so that when you sell the
phone the person won't have a problem registering it when that person creates a BIS.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Also login to your BIS before it's deactivated and delete all your email accounts.
The reason you would call Verizon to deactivate the PIN is so that when you sell the
phone the person won't have a problem registering it when that person creates a BIS.

Exactly. If you don't cancel your BIS and deactivate the phone, the person you sell it to may possibly be able to access your blackberry e-mail, or they will have trouble adding a BB data plan as it will tell them that PIN or IMEI is already in use on a diff network.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Good luck having them release your PIN... When I sold my bold it took maybe 10 calls until I finally got a person who knew what I was talking about. All the others had no idea that you had to release the PIN.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Good luck having them release your PIN... When I sold my bold it took maybe 10 calls until I finally got a person who knew what I was talking about. All the others had no idea that you had to release the PIN.

Well you don't have to release a PIN if you're giving the phone to a person w/ the same carrier. It's only if you want to use the PIN on a DIFFERENT carrier and its activated on a carrier already. (ie - sell Rogers bold unlocked to AT&T customer, Rogers has to release it)

I've never had a problem getting AT&T to release a pin period. If you get someone that says "What?" Say transfer me to the next tier technical support. Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal