Ok, so everytime someone starts a "will there ever be (insert feature here; themes, removable battery, etc)" thread I get annoyed. But before you do, here me out.

For the most part, I understand why almost all of the JB apps I would love to see will never see the light of day in the app store. But Categories is one I cannot figure out. Apple is all about ease of use and having a convenient UI.

Which is why I can't figure out why they prefer the current setup, i.e. 11 pages of apps in 4x4 grids. This seems to be the complete opposite of there ethos; there is nothing more inconvenient than that. Yes, now there is spot light so you can find apps easier but that is basically just ignoring the original problem.

Instead of upping it to 20 pages in 3.x will they ever add folders? If not, why not? I just don't understand.
    08-25-2009 02:08 PM
    I feel the same way. I have like 3 pages and really don't care to go any further than that. Folders would be great. What's the point of having one of your apps you want to show somebody on page 8 when you would probably use your search function anyway to get to it.
    08-25-2009 02:27 PM
    a mac type tiger OS would be golden. i have 4 pages and its a bit too much
    08-25-2009 04:08 PM
    I feel the same way. I have like 3 pages and really don't care to go any further than that. Folders would be great. What's the point of having one of your apps you want to show somebody on page 8 when you would probably use your search function anyway to get to it.
    Yeah, exactly.

And its just more exasperating that instead of creating the ability to use folders, with the supposed new itunes feature that allows you to organize your 12 pages of apps Apple is yet again just ignoring the original problem.

Its like that old adage... Oh ****, I have a mouse problem. Ill go buy snakes to eat the mice...
    08-25-2009 04:38 PM
    I don't want folders. It's aster scrolling through the pages than opening up folders and managing them. I like to see all of the applications up front. And usually when you have folders, it just opens up a selection of applications right? I like the simplicity of the icons on multiple pages.
    09-26-2009 11:33 PM
    it is more simple to find your apps when they're categorized vs having to go through 6 pages to find something...
    09-27-2009 07:33 AM
    I don't want folders. It's aster scrolling through the pages than opening up folders and managing them. I like to see all of the applications up front. And usually when you have folders, it just opens up a selection of applications right? I like the simplicity of the icons on multiple pages.
    Why do people who hear a different idea always thinks this will personally affect them? If Apple instituted Folders/Categories and you don't like it then simply don't use it.
    09-27-2009 08:47 AM
    I would love to have a user defined header at the top of each page to quickly identify the page... "favorites", "games", "news", "entrtainment", "utiliteis", etc... I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of folders, though.
    09-27-2009 10:58 AM
    I would love to have a user defined header at the top of each page to quickly identify the page... "favorites", "games", "news", "entrtainment", "utiliteis", etc... I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of folders, though.
    Its a nice idea. I already do this without the headers, I know just by looking at the icons on the page what I was trying to accomplish.
    09-27-2009 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD