Voice memo help

ZSV

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
I've recorded an hour long voice memo, the details all appear on the memo list(23/08/09 1h 0m 1s) but I can't seem to listen to it or get it to transfer to iTunes. Thinking it might be too long, I looked to trim it but it doesn't allow that. When I try to play it, the time bar only appears as 0:00 to 0:00.

I can listen to other voice memos but they don't download when I sync my phone either.

Any ideas please? :confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
First of all, are you using the built in voice memo app? Second, do you have a checkmark in the box to sync your voice memos in iTunes?

ZSV

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's the built-in voice app. And I've checked the box to sync voice memos, too.

I notice the other voice memos have transferred into iTunes but not the 60 minute one. I'll set up an email account and see whether I can email it (it says it's too big to MMS - so something must be there somewhere).

Last edited:

Nosmo66

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
There is a thread on the Apple forums here:
I couldn't post the url since I'm new here but just put an "h t t p : / /"
in front of the following without the spaces and you'll have the link.

discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2062895&start=0&tstart=0

I posted a solution for Windows users there but the short version is this:

I used Iphonebrowser which can be found in the download tab here:
Same here, just remove the spaces and put in front of the next line.
"h t t p : / / "
code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/wiki/Usage

I explored to my iphone and found the .mov file in the "Recordings" folder.
Right click and chose "Save As" and put this somewhere on your PC.

M.Mike

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Voice Memo download workaround

Hi all,
Today i've experienced some major problems with some very important voice memos that I've recorded. It seems that after you sync all your voice memos for the first time, you can't do it again. Meaning, that if you have all your voice memos in your itunes and than your PC got crashed, when you will reinstall your itunes and sync you iPhone with all the data and "include voice memos" marked, you won't see any of you existing voice memos, only the new one will be sync with your PC. This is a major bug for apple and they better fix this one very soon. Till then you have only one solution that work really great and doesn't do any harm to your iPhone. Like Nosmo66 said, go to "code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list" link and download latest version. Connect your iPhone with usb cable and open this program, go to "recordings" tab under the root directory and download all your voice memos to your pc locally. After you can add all your voice memos to itunes music library

AKKYSINGH

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Seo

;) One thread on Apple's Discussion Boards describes a weak or inconsistent signal. "My signal keeps fluctuating from strong to weak, while my MacBook and iPhone show a consistent signal at the same location," writes user Andrew79. Another user writes, "Even when standing in front of the wlan router the signal fluctuates from strong to very weak."

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
;) One thread on Apple's Discussion Boards describes a weak or inconsistent signal. "My signal keeps fluctuating from strong to weak, while my MacBook and iPhone show a consistent signal at the same location," writes user Andrew79. Another user writes, "Even when standing in front of the wlan router the signal fluctuates from strong to very weak."

And this has what to do with voice memos???

KERRPOW

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I simply emailed the voice memo to myself and was able to open it on my laptop. I haven't found how to make all my voice memos viable again. None of them play.