Requesting A Feature From Apple..

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is the email I sent to Apple through their product review forms.

As a vlogger, I am finding it difficult to get that perfect device that allows me to easily make a youtube video of myself and upload it. I think that an AMAZING feature for the next iPhone (that would get ALL youtubers to buy iPhones), would be the ability to record HD video from a front-facing camera.
The iPhone 3GS is excellent, but I think this feature would turn it into a TRUE all-in-one device for media-centric Apple types.

HD is very important because now that YouTube is 16:9, any videos made on the iPhone are not the proper size for the YouTube player and need to be cropped to fit the 16:9 player and you lose a lot of quality and focus doing that.

Having the front-facing camera would make blogging SO simple. You could just put it on the dock, and blog away as if it were a MacBook, and then upload it directly.

The link below is a mock-up I've made for what I would like to see in the next iPhone. It has been VERY well-received on iPhone-centric forum websites.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...2_118123910210_503100210_3292825_329787_n.jpg

thank you very much for your time and consideration. I do not request any compensation for my ideas, I just would REALLY like these features to come to the iPhone so that I don't have to leave the iPhone for a competitor.

If you support this, PLEASE request it as well, and don't forget to leave out the important details (720p recording from BOTH front and back facing cameras)... You can include the link to my picture to show your support for my iPhone prototype. I just want this feature in the next iPhone so badly.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

^CLICK IT!!!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
You'll want to send your feature request to here:
Apple - iPhone - Feedback
This is the form to report bugs and feature requests. They do read and tabulate them.
You're better off starting a campaign to ask people to send your feature request to here. My thinking is if they get enough of the same feature request, they'll start to consider it.
I wouldn't assume the product design group reads all of the forums.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ummmm...taylorh? Did you miss t he first line where he said he sent it to Apple, or the last line where he provides the same link you did? He just wanted to share with the rest of us what he'd done. He wasn't writing to Apple on the forum.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I also requested a feature. I want there to be a passcode feature for findmyiphone. To disable it, someone should be required to enter the passcode. Makes it too easy for thieves to just turn it off.

eckodream

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
That is a great request that I'm sure they can fulfill but the only reason I'm doubting they will is because of issues with battery life. I'd love to see it personally.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Good luck getting any movement out of apple.

For Two years, people flooded that link with demands for MMS and copy paste.
Two years....

They only listen to customers who are speaking via the New York Times.

eckodream

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Good luck getting any movement out of apple.

For Two years, people flooded that link with demands for MMS and copy paste.
Two years....

They only listen to customers who are speaking via the New York Times.

This comment may not be what we want to hear but it is very true. Me and a group of people I know flooded Apple's site with suggesstions, and he's right. it took two years to get these simple features. Apple knows they are sitting ona gold mine and they know what we want. I honestly dont think we will see an iPhone with a front facing iChat camera until 4G networks are up and mature.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
This comment may not be what we want to hear but it is very true. Me and a group of people I know flooded Apple's site with suggesstions, and he's right. it took two years to get these simple features. Apple knows they are sitting ona gold mine and they know what we want. I honestly dont think we will see an iPhone with a front facing iChat camera until 4G networks are up and mature.

Or better yet, the next iPhone will have the most amazing front facing super HD camera ever built. But ATT will not allow the use of it over their air waves.
:rolleyes:

PastorGadget

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Or better yet, the next iPhone will have the most amazing front facing super HD camera ever built. But ATT will not allow the use of it over their air waves.
:rolleyes:

The single biggest improvement to the iPhone ...

Leave the design as is and move it off AT&T. I knew I would sacrifice a little connectivity moving from my HTC Touch on Verizon to the iPhone. Boy did I underestimate it. Better hardware by far. Worse network by far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR