iPhone got rained on...

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
my iphone was in my soccer bag and yesterday it rained like crazy while my iphone was in my bag. it had a hard leather case on it and it didn't seem like it was wet and everything worked well until i tried connecting to my home wifi and it didn't work. I'm 100% sure that my wifi works and that the problem is from my iphone. does anyone know what i can do to fix it or will the apple store give me a new iphone? btw, its a 8GB 3G 3.01 Jailbreak if that makes any difference.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If there is a possibility that there is water damage...turn the phone off, put it in a bag of uncooked rice for several days. After the phone has been powered off and in the bag for several days you may then attempt to turn it back on and see how it works.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
im not sure that it got wet because i checked my bag like 3 hours after the rain was done because i was scared to take it out. so i don't know if it got wet or not.

mksolana

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
We had an Iphone in the otterbox and got wet well actually fell in the pool. What do you think the chances of it surviving are? Right now it's sitting in rice.. I don't know but I will let you guys know. I will be shocked if it doesn't come back to life. It was only in the water for 30 secs. max

maria

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If it got wet Apple will not replace it.
True. According to Apple, getting it wet voids the warranty. They have a test for this. They look into the jack for the headset. If, at the bottom, they see red, warranty is void. In the NYC store they even have a special scope, lens and light, for looking into it.

I like the idea of putting it in the uncooked rice. Silica gel might serve the same purpose if you can find enough of it. Drug store? Hardware store?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73