My Curve is on borrowed time and Im considering a switch. I have worked through all but 2 thingsmulti-tasking and notification profiles (not sure that I can live without either)

Is it possible to have notification profiles similar to the setup on the BB?
    Here is an example of what I do todaycombination of standard BB capability and AlertMatrix by Rex Wireless.

Profile Normal sets the following.
    • Phone (normal ringtone for everyone, but a special one for my wife)
    • Email (vibrate and ringtone, special tone for wife, different special tone for my boss)

Virtually every notification can be customized by (vibrate, vibrate and tone, volume, # of beeps, flashing LED, etc.)

I have similar setups for In-Car, Night, Loud, etc. that change the types of notifications. This is incredibly flexible on BB.

How close could I get on the iPhone? I am more than happy to purchase an app to make this possible.
    08-21-2009 01:18 PM
    You can't do this on the iPhone. The only "profiles" are ring and silent. You might be able to do this with a jailbreak app but no official apps as they are not allowed to mess with the settings.
    08-21-2009 01:21 PM
    This is one thing I wish apple would encorporate this .
    08-21-2009 01:24 PM
    Agree, even my old Razr had ring profiles. Cross fingers for 4.0 OS.
    08-21-2009 01:26 PM
    You can turn sounds on/off for all new emails and for all calendar alerts, and change the sounds for text messages. But you can't change the sounds or assign the alerts to certain profiles. I agree that different profiles and more flexibility here would be great. It seems like there is more flexibility with push notification settings than for some of the other settings.
    08-21-2009 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD