Exchange Question - Synced Contacts

puffalumps

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I synced my iPhone's contact list with my school's Exchange .edu e-mail account after I first got it. My phone died in such a way that I can't back it up or get anything off of it, so now I have a replacement to fill back up again with all my stuff.

The only problem is that when I go to view the synced contacts in Exchange, no numbers pop up. Just names. Are the numbers only viewable on the iPhone or something, or am I just out of luck with getting my contacts back off of there? Help!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
are the phone numbers on the phone using the standard Business/Mobile/etc contact types Outlook uses?

Only these will sync to exchange.

puffalumps

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if they were or not. I guess not, since none of the numbers pop up on Exchange. Then again, I'm really anal about making sure everything's labelled as the right kind of number on my phone. Do the iPhone labels for "home," "work," etc., correspond with the ones on Exchange like that?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes they do. Did you ever look at your Exchange account after syncing your iPhone to make sure you had actually sync'd all your data to the account?

puffalumps

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
No looky-looky. It worked and I was afraid to touch it!

Problem oddly solved, though--I was able to get most of them off the SIM card (I didn't know anything was still saved on there!) and sync the numbers to the empty names somehow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox