Flash/Silverlight support

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
So there's a story in Engadget that the Blackberry browser will possibilty get this feature. Which leads to the question: is it possible that the BB gets this before the iPhone? Seems, well, unnatural!

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It's not coming until next summer and it probably would only be on the newest blackberry devices at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple doesn't beat RIM to the punch on that one and have an update to provide that type of support.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
BlackBerry's proxy data, so it's conceivable they could do what SkyFire does and render Flash/Silverlight on RIM's servers then just push it out to BlackBerry's.

In general, however, Mobile Flash is terrible and desktop Flash runs badly enough on a n OS X MacBook that I wouldn't want it anywhere near an iPhone (it would likely melt it into a puddle).

Generally, I'm happy there's no Flash on the iPhone. Given Flash cookies, how many security vulnerabilities Flash has had lately, that it runs as a code interpreter, etc. makes me think HTML 5 will be a better solution.

I'm not sure people actually want Flash, but just want their videos. If more videos come in H.264 and HTML 5, FLash won't be an issue.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Flash would be an interface and size nightmare. I would bet that flash for iphone and blackberry will require a special flash video for the device be created for websites.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Also agree I do not care if it has Flash/Silverlight at all. I don't even like websites that use lots of Flash, it's mostly annoying.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
So there's a story in Engadget that the Blackberry browser will possibilty get this feature. Which leads to the question: is it possible that the BB gets this before the iPhone? Seems, well, unnatural!

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Flash is not that big of a deal to me , I dont why so many people go crazy over the littlest hint of flash coming to the iphone .

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Flash is not that big of a deal to me , I dont why so many people go crazy over the littlest hint of flash coming to the iphone .
The reason is that so many applications use it. Logon at my credit union expects flash. Therefore I cannot logon to it from my iPhone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Apple will not let iPhone support Flash... consider people can play flash online instead of download from App Store..
Well, obviously, so far they have not. The problem is that many applications use flash and will not run on the iPhone. To say that one should view these applications another way is like saying, "Let them eat cake." We all know what happened to Marie Antoinette.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2