I wonder if there is a stylus that works with the iphone 3g? I have a few apps that I could use it with. If anyone know of a good one let me know.
    TIA
    08-19-2009 07:06 AM
    You can Google Search for it.
    08-19-2009 07:30 AM
    Saw the same stylus. Never had a need for one though. So I can't vouch for whether or not they work.
    08-19-2009 08:44 AM
    I bought one immediately after purchasing my first iPhone. Coming from WM and Palm with their resistive screens, it's what I'm used to. However, you have to press very hard with the iPhone stylus, and it doesn't give you any better accuracy than your finger. I don't like them.
    08-19-2009 09:00 AM
    Thanks you all I just want it for a particular photo editing app I have .
    08-19-2009 09:34 AM
    08-19-2009 09:42 AM
    Ditch a stylus, fetch with fingers
    08-19-2009 10:57 AM
    You have a built in stylus, your finger. Don't mash the screen, you actually don't even have to touch the screen to get it to work. Lighten your touch.
    08-19-2009 01:07 PM
    I remember hearing a long time ago before the 1 gen was out that the screen used something or other to do with your body heat so people with cold fingers had problems with the touch?? am I crazy or maybe someone was just talking crap?? anyway if it is true then a stylus would be useless.
    08-19-2009 04:42 PM
    This may answer a few questions about the iPhones capacitive screen.

Capacitive
    Main article: capacitive sensing

A capacitive touchscreen panel is a sensor typically made of glass coated with a transparent conductor such as indium tin oxide (ITO). This type of sensor is basically a capacitor in which the plates are the overlapping areas between the horizontal and vertical axes in a grid pattern. Since the human body also conducts electricity, a touch on the surface of the sensor will affect the electric field and create a measurable change in the capacitance of the device. Like the stylus used in the defunct CED video disc, these sensors work on proximity of the conductive medium (finger), and do not have to be directly touched to be triggered. It is a durable technology that is used in a wide range of applications including point-of-sale systems, industrial controls, and public information kiosks. It has a higher clarity than Resistive technology, but it only responds to finger contact and will not work with a gloved hand or pen stylus unless the stylus is conductive. Examples include Apple Inc.'s iPhone and iPod Touch, HTC's G1, HTC Magic and HTC Hero, Palm Inc.'s Palm Pre and Palm Eos and more recently the LG KM900 Arena, Microsoft's Zune HD, Sony Walkman X series and Sony Ericsson's Aino.
    08-20-2009 01:52 AM
    Yep, its attached to your hand
    08-20-2009 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD